Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

Look at what we (in N.C) woke up to this morning!!!


The kids were geared and ready to go at 7:30 A.M.(push play for the video)..



Ready to go?....



almost!.....sure wish we had some snowboots! LOL.....



Daddy was a great sport and took them out back for a quick romp...



Sam's favorite part was trying to belt me with snowballs through the glass door! LOL the turkey! (I like how this one came out)



This was the front..you can see how much we got.. settled on the bird feeder...




Apparently the backyard wasn't enough...so off to the hills we went to sled...at 9:00 in the morning!




Wheeee.......look at ME!......




I don't have a clue how he saw where he was going....LOL :)



He was like that the whole time! hehehe...



Ready..set...SLIDE!...



Making the walk BACK up the hill.....



THIS is how Kayla got up the hill after about 20 minutes....ohhhh daddddyyyy!!!




A video of the fun sledding ! :)



When we got back Kayla's feet were cold....myyyyy daughter! lol....



My oh so wonderful hubby lit me a fire when we got back!! THANK YOU dear!




After we ate "brunch"...we rested..and then headed back out for ANOTHER 2 hour jaunt....




Daddy even got into the sledding this time....



After about and hour and a half...kayla was looking more like a frozen Kayla Pop. LOL...so we waited in the van for a little while, since Daddy and Bug werent done yet....she truly cracks me up!



O.K Blogger is NOT cooperating with me on a few of the video's....so I guess I'll try them again later.


This took me 2 days to post..grrrr...but guess who is out of school AGAIN today due to the snow? Bug!...so he has had a 5 day weekend! LOL

We are SOOOOO glad Brad hitched a ride down with my parents when they came to visit...so we could see him and get a daddy fix in. And the best part?? He didnt have to drive and it didnt cost us a cent! :) LOL Gotta love those trips! :) PLUS the fact that he was here when we had all this snow was so great for the kids! I mean they really love and miss him Especially Kayla who is turning out to be SUCH a Daddy's girl. As a matter of fact.. Brad got in LATE Sat night and I did NOT tell the kids he was coming just in case a job popped up (I didnt want to disappoint them)...so on Sun morn..I let him sleep in a bit..then I told Kayla to come into my room, and I lifted her up on the bed. She went to snuggle in my covers, when Brad popped out. She got the happiest smile on her face and lunged at him...gripping his face with all her might...and then she looks right at me and says (I kid you not!) "Thank you mommy..thank you for kaylas surprise present!" And of course she was stuck like glue to Brad the ENTIRE weekend, not even allowing me to help her go potty. LOL But we are so thankful and blessed! :)

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my family???? 'cause I do! :)

3 comments:

  1. Holy Cow! Let it snow... Let it snow!!!! What fun! Glad to see and hear the kids enjoyed themselves. Keep them up Mommy-O!!! EVERYDAY! PLEASE! Brad's perfect timing too! I am so glad that he can be with his family. Love you ALLLLLL!!!
    Papa and Popo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, ya'll DID get snow. We got nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero. We were given a 90% chance for 1-3 inches--enough to close schools here--and got my hopes up. :sigh:

    Oh, your day looked SOOOOO fun! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO CUTE!!! I'm glad you guys were able to enjoy the snow so much!!
    Is Brad gone again? It's been forever since we have talked!! Call me soon!! Love you all!!
    Tera

    ReplyDelete