As you know we have implemented a sticker chart system back around the 18th....
and I have to RAVE about how fantastic it has been for our family.
Now, I understand that all kids are different, and what may work for one family...does not necessarily mean it will work for YOUR family....but as far as OUR family goes....
Here are the GREAT results:
Bug has tried the following foods:.... Like/dislike:
1. Ham (from easter dinner).... Like
2. Shredded Pork.... Like
3. Potato Salad-no sticker... Dislike (spit out)
4. Hamburger.... iffy
5. Catfish.... Like
6. Country style Pork Ribs.... Like
7. Green Beans (cooked).... Dislike
Now our stipulations for him earning the sticker for "Courtesy Bites".... is that he has to take a bite of something he has never tried.. and he CANNOT spit it out, or make a scene. So far we have only had one time where he spit it out....but even then he was willing to try something else in its place so he could earn that sticker!! :)
And as far as chores/good deeds go: ( i try to "catch" these as he does them)
1. Helped his sister get a toy she wanted without me asking him to.
2. Picked up a HUGE mess his sister made with pins.
3. Carried ALL his laundry upstairs to the laundry room.
4. Grabbed a diaper for me as we were leaving, knowing full well I would forget :)
5. Picked hundreds of pine cones up in the yard and put them in the can :)
6. Was totally awesome on a 4 hour errand run I had to go on, with him tagged along.
7. Learned how to tie his own shoes (Hallelujah) by practicing OVER and OVER!!!!!!!*
AND MORE....but I can't remember them all~
Here is a video and a more detailed explanation. Please ignore my voice...I have been fighting a cold.
All in all I am so happy with the results....especially with his eating. He is looking for new things to try and that is above what I had hoped. I was just hoping to get him to take a bite of different things, and here he is ASKING to try them. :) How cool is that!?
Have I mentioned how much i LOVE this boy!