Thursday, March 27, 2008

Good 'ol Family BBQ

On Monday, we had the pleasure of having my cousin Katie and her family over for a BBQ. :)

It was sooooo much fun...and the day flew by. We had TONS of food....Veggie Kabobs (Kate's a vegetarian), hamburgers, hot dogs, bbq chicken and italian marinated chicken....homemade potato salad, olive salad, bean dip and chips, fresh fruit bowl, fresh salad, cake...and a few more things I can't recall! :)

My Aunt Brenda, Uncle Danny, Randy's Dad and Mom, Randy, Keegan (Katie's nephew), and little Alek were SUCH a pleasure..... We mostly hung out and caught up on the past 10 years! :)

The boys had a BLAST playing with each other, and didn't stop the ENTIRE time. :) I don't think I have ever seen 2 more tired boys, then Matthew and Bug. :):):)

Anyway, here are the pictures we manged to snap (mostly thanks to Brad) :)

My mom, me, bug, the back of Katie's head :) and Aunt Brenda.....


Uncle Danny scoping the cake..


Matthew, me, and Aunt Brenda....


Aunt Brenda and I...


This is Randy (Randy's dad), Uncle Dan, Aunt Brenda (in pink), Randy's mom, and Katie (on the floor)


Aunt Brenda, Katie and Alek, and Grandpa....


Mom and Uncle Danny catching up...they went to high school together and have a reunion coming up!....


Me and cuz..(I was in the middle of asking a question....nice one dear.) LOL


Alek and his 1st piece of celery....can you tell how much he liked it? He is cutting his top teeth, so we CAREFULLY watched as he gnawed his way through it....offering a bit of relief.


This picture actually has a story to tell....he was trying to eat the vent...I'm not sure if it was the air he was after...or just the feel of the metal on his mouth....what a cutie!


Drama Mama (who proved her name well) enjoyed reading Alek's little quack book....She loves her "stoowies"


Katie and a very worn out Alek...poor little guy's teeth were bothering him..


If he isn't just the cutest thing ever....I actually called his name and said "Alek say cheeeese", and this is what I got! (Katie and Randy are YOU in trouble when he gets older!)



The boys (and Kayla) even got to enjoy a quick boat ride...compliments of Brad.....despite the 45 degree weather....







This was Matthews 1st ride on the boat...I wish I could let you feel his excitement....but this pic will have to do...


Here's a video of them leaving...


Here's a shot of them outside..having a blast..


And lastly....Mr Keegan....he LOVES his popsicles!!!! :)


Well...I REALLY hope my cousin takes us up on the offer of them coming over more often, or at least letting US come up THERE to see them......BUT...she can be stubborn. Trust me, I know.
After all, she DOES have that Rock blood in her. :) ;P
ALSO....WANTED TO DO AN UPDATE SOON ON HOW WONDERFUL THE CHART SITUATION IS GOING. IT HAS BEEN SOOOO AWESOME. :) But I have spent enough time on here today.... :) So...check back in.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, what a fun looking time. is there anything better than getting together with family?

    How's Randy doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hun. Great pictures a ton better than mine. So I stole them for my blog hehe hope that is ok. I will give you credit for them. We will definitly be coming to see you and have you up to visit us. We are going to plan the day to the zoo also it is in Ashboro. Thanks for everything the day was so special and your Mom and Cody are special people as well as you and your family. I am so apprecaitive it was a beautiful day. Can't wait til our next visit.
    SMILE........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you all had a blast! I bet all the kids just love getting on that boat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like SO much fun! THat's it we are coming over! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete