Friday, March 14, 2008

A visit from Cuz and other MISC...

My cousin Katie and her husband Randy came to visit yesterday.

We had such a wonderful time sitting back, catching up.

Her and I used to be so tight.....

but time went by, and we were so far apart....

we never really lost touch, but our relationship became distant.

It is so nice to reconnect with her, and get to know her AWESOME family.

Here are some pictures from her wonderful visit....and boy did time FLY!!

Katie, Alek, and Randy....


Adorable little Alek.....


Drama Mama and Alek sharing a kiss.....how sweet!~

Katie and Alek.....he is such a cutie pie!


CANT WAIT FOR OUR BBQ ON THE 24th!!!! HUGS TO THE FAMILY!!!

Now here are a few of Drama Mama I took yesterday...

hehe..she is NOT happy...I just did her hair.


Outside...noticing her shadow for the 1st time...


and a quick video....she is so precious to me.



ALSO...............

Wow

I was visiting a friends blog today....she had lost her 5 year old daughter in a drowning accident last year, and has been a huge inspiration in my life.
I know she isn't perfect (who is?)...but it is her constant outlook on life...even after something as devastating as a loss of a child that amazes me.

She had found another blog of someone who had lost their 3 and a half old little girl, and as I visited this site to offer words of comfort and prayer.....

I was surprised to find that I was the one who was comforted.

She had posted a video (in her Dec archive) of a 12 year old (at the time) young man.

He lives in a VERY rural town in Nebraska, and had to put a calf down one day. He called the radio station after and said this...



I am stunned that a 12 year old can have so much wisdom and depth in his words.

It only goes to show how POWERFUL words can be.

I am thankful I got to see that, and will refer back to it often.

Hope you all have a MOST WONDERFUL Day!!!! God Bless!

4 comments:

  1. First off, aw, Kristi Ann, Thanks!

    Second, WOW! That's all I can say, WOW! What a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I am in tears after hearing that recording!!! How could you not be?! Simply beautiful! I listened and as funny as it sounds, I can imagine that being Dominic someday. He has learned so much at our church and constantly talks of God and what he has done for us! He told me yesterday that Vinnie is watching Toby from heaven and he loves him and so does Jesus. I about started to bawl. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hun
    Thanks the blog is beautiful. I checked it to day and the lighter color is perfect. I added the second counter it was for my parents to come to NC. I had it saved on that webpage. I love how you set it up I am thinking of adding all the people who donated through the blog that are in a later post to the list you did. I love how you did that
    Cant wait to see you again
    SMILE
    we love you guys
    Kate, Randy, and Alek

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha...Ava started noticing her shadow a lot lately too during walks to the bus stop. She is always waving to it and the kids that get off the bus have shown her all the shadow animals. :-) LOVE BEING A MOMMY!

    ReplyDelete