Thursday, March 13, 2008

Like mother...like daughter...


I REALLY wish I had a scanner to show you a picture of me right around this age with my beloved stuffed animal...

as it is....

I STILL have him to this day...

here is a picture of him...


(if you know me at all...you know this thing goes where ever I go)

*blushes*

....yes, he is missing both his eyes, yes I sucked off his nose, yes he is missing his arm, and yes he has numerous stains (and holes) of who knows what on him....but i love him :)

He even went to boarding school with me in High school! :)


Well Grandpa searched high and low knowing how much I cherished this pink panther (if you havent already guessed THAT'S what he was at one point...LOL)

and found one from the 1960's the resembled what pinky (as I called him) USED to be in his prime (thank you eba*y)

Well, guess who got to him first....







*sigh* I just LOVE it.

So for Grandpa and Papa....that was for you ! :)

P.S I had originally gotten mine from my father (Papa)....when he was stationed overseas, I was just a tiny baby.....and I had slept with it until I was almost married.

*blushes*

Do YOU have anything from your past you've kept around?? Or am I just a sentimental (mental being the operative word ar ar) fool! :)

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet, sweet story! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. How cute!! My daughter has my old Cabbage patch and Kowala Patch Dolls. My old My little pony stuffed toys and my old Pound Puppies. Oh and my old Bedtime bear Carebear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, how sweet and precious is Miss Kayla?? I love that last photo!! We call those "huggy pillows" and Han had to have hers every night. :o)

    Now, I have "Teddy". Nice unique name for a teddy bear,huh? Teddy went EVERYWHERE with me. I'll have to post a photo so you can see just how well, um, *loved* he is. ;o) I slept with him every night until my wedding night. ;oP I guess I'm mental too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks woman you are the best. Mom got her invite and has checked out your blog. She looks forward to seeing you and your family. I am so apprecaitive on all your help with my blog everyone loves it.
    SMILE and love you
    PS Randys mother said she is going to make Dessert for Monday

    ReplyDelete