Wednesday, September 27, 2006

To my....

Son,

I wish you could understand just how much I love you! How much it means to me to hear you say "mommy guess what?"....and then follow it with "I love you"!

I can remember when you were first placed in my arms....how i looked at you with such awe. I don't think i could even do justice to describing how scared, happy, anxious, and excited i was all at once.

You looked up at me...blinking to see. Your dad was SOO proud. He stood there with his chest puffed out, and ran out to the waiting room to tell everyone.

That's when he broke down...

they were tears of PURE joy!

You continued to brighten our lives as you grow....from the first "uh-oh", to the first day of school....to last nights antics to get me to read you a THIRD story before bed. :)

My favorite thing about you though...is your pure sense of happiness, and the ability to make others laugh. You get a kick out of watching peoples reactions to the things you do! For example...whenever we get into the elevator you always have a friendly "hi" for everyone...and then proceed to show them your new shoes..or tell them about where we are going. Everyone in the building knows you and seems to look forward to their encounters with you.

Whenever you are not with me, I am asked "where is sammy?"

I love the way you can be gentle with your sister...always wanting to help. The way you play with your toys and have conversations back and forth. How you can giggle at something you think of, and amuse yourself. How you love to be read to every night before bed (has to be by mommy)...and are insistent on that vitamin and glass of water. (Daddy is the only one that can get it for you)

You are my biggest help. You love to help dust, put dishes away, pick up toys, cook, clean up your room, I could go on and on and on! I know as you get older that will change. So I will enjoy it now as much as I can.

Sammy, you are a wonderful son. More than I could have ever imagined or even hoped for. I look forward to waking up to see what you will bring into that day!

Thank you.

Thank you for being the light of my life! Thank you for teaching me something new everyday! Thank you for showing me the world through your eyes!

I love you my sweet, funny, loving boy! Can't wait to celebrate your 4th birthday next week!





Daughter.....

My little sunshine. You are such a happy baby, and you make evryone around you happy as well. You seem to draw people to you no matter where we go.

You adore your big brother and would do anything to be near him and do whatever it is he doing. You have a special smile and giggle that you reserve only for him. He knows it, and he loves to hear it. You seem to be growing so fast! Already you are toddling around. Daddy was so proud to see you go last night. You get braver everyday. i think you just want to keep up with your brother! ;)

I love the way you delight in hearing all the different animal sounds, and giggle with each one! How you stop whatever it is you are doing when you hear mommies phone ringing "who let the dogs out" and you know its daddys ring. I love how you can sing yourself to sleep in the car or when Popo is holding you. There is nothing sweeter to my ears. I love how you grab my face with both hands and give me big wet kisses that leave behind at least a pound of drool on my face. i dont mind. :) I cherish it.

dearest daughter I look forward to holding you close each time it is bedtime for you. how you nuzzle me while nursing always grabbing on to my necklace or pendant and hanging on. Making sure i go nowhere! My favorite part with you though...is when you first wake up.....you immedietly sit up like 'what did i miss?'..and start blowing raspberries and waving hi....if I dont happen to be up at that time you will crawl over and smack my face..flopping backward onto me..until I cant help but gigggle and tickle you back! You are truly priceless. I can't wait to watch you grow. You are the the greatest little girl ever! I love you!

Love,

Mommy


3 comments:

  1. I am bawling right now! That was beautiful! I know they will appreciate that when they are older!
    Isn't being a mom just wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful Kristi. Make sure you save those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! Sorry I haven't posted on your site.. Sorry I didn't have time to talk...I only get so much time when Ava is napping to do my extras...:-( LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete