Monday, March 05, 2007

30 years later.....

Hard to believe everything I have done in the 30 years I have been alive.

Looking back I have to admit... I was one BLESSED "little girl".

My life started in VA, (thanks Mom and Dad lol) where I was the child of 2 military parents.

13 months later...we were living in hawaii, where I had the chance to grow up not one block from the beach in Waianae. We use to walk there with my dad and 2 dogs in the morning on the weekends...just about EVERY weekend. :) We also owned a sailboat we took out ALL the time. I think my brother and I grew up on or in the water! ha ha

I also got to grow up playing soccer, going to the beach, and tailgaiting! What a FUN childhood I had looking back now!

Then when my parents went their own ways....

My dad met a wonderful woman named Jane (we now call her Popo, which is chinese for grandma) and my brother and I were smitten! She was so beautiful and stylish. I wanted to dress just like her! :) lol Well, my dad married this wonderful person, and she is now my stepmom. (and friend! :)..how cool is that!?!) That was almost 20 years ago. I am SO thankful to have her in my life and the kids absolutely ADORE her.

Then in the 7th grade, my mom met a WONDERFUL man ( at her work) she later married. Cody was AWESOME! He took Josh and I in like we had ALWAYS been his kids. We, on the other hand, had to adapt to having a new presence in the house and having to share moms attention with someone else. (not easy when you are as close as my mom and I are) We moved to germany (Cody worked for the government and accepted a position to get us away from here and to experience new things) Seriously, there isnt a word I can think of, that would describe the amount of thanks I have for him....thank you is no where near enough.'

Germay was awesome! We lived in Garmisch (Oberau, really) and it was the most beautiful place I can think of to date. Josh and I rode trains, went to the wellenbach (wave pools), got to experience the TRUE Oktober Fest (they spell it that way)....and travel all throughout Europe to places like Rome,Czechoslovakia, and Italy(to name just a few). I got to go to a boarding school in Innsbruck, Austria which I LOVED! Sure miss those days! :) Hi to Herr Wenko, Nancy, Autumn, and everyone I miss!

In 95, we moved to Virginia (woodbridge, which is about 30 min out of D.C) I had my last year of high school here...hi to Amber! hehehe Met my wonderful husband here in 98', which is about the only good thing I can say about that location...other than the WONDERFUL church I used to go to (and still do when I am back home!) Grace Baptist! Hi Pastor Tim!

Brad and I married in 2001. Samuel came along exactly 10 months later! :) (we thought it would take longer to get pregnant...but boy was I blessed)

In august of 2003, we moved to Pennsylvania where Brad grew up (and had planned on buying the house he grew up in too) We moved in......but it was too hard to make ends meet. SO...

in Dec of 2003 we moved to Hawaii. To an apartment in mililani first, then a condo in downtown. McKayla came along not soon after (in 2005), and here we are today. Happy, healthy, but ready to move back, buy a house WITH A YARD, and "settle in" for a LONG time!

30 years later!

.....................................................................................

As for my birthday...the day was WONDERFUL....Brad came home at noon, I got a 2 hour massage and facial, (WOW!...no one asked me for a THING for 2 whole hours...can ya believe it?) and then we went out for a lovely dinner at Cattle Company.

Thank you Dad and Popo, for the vacuum (yes, now I will stop borrowing yours lol)..thank you Cody for the thoughtful picture, mom for the card and check...

and everyone else for your wonderful birthday wishes and off key singing! :) I TRULY enjoyed my day and you each played a part! MAHALO!

Well, I think I've said enough....it only took me 2 days to write this. hahaha I'm not kidding. :) Lucky we can save drafts and edit! :)

Hope everyone is well... and as far as my NEXT 30 years go....I think Tim McGraw said it best in his song....(thanks lyrics.com )

My Next Thirty Years
(Phil Vassar)

I think I’ll take a moment, celebrate my age
The ending of an era and the turning of a page
Now it’s time to focus in on where I go from here
Lord have mercy on my next thirty years
Hey my next thirty years I’m gonna have some fun
Try to forget about all the crazy things I’ve done
Maybe now I’ve conquered all my adolescent fears
And I’ll do it better in my next thirty years
My next thirty years I’m gonna settle all the scores
Cry a little less, laugh a little more
Find a world of happiness without the hate and fear
Figure out just what I’m doing here
In my next thirty years
Oh my next thirty years, I’m gonna watch my weight
Eat a few more salads and not stay up so late
Drink a little lemonade and not so many beers
Maybe I’ll remember my next thirty years
My next thirty years will be the best years of my life
Raise a little family and hang out with my wife
Spend precious moments with the ones that I hold dear
Make up for lost time here, in my next thirty years
In my next thirty years

Yup....couldn't have said it ANY better!

peace and love ya'all!

3 comments:

  1. I love that song. Don't worry I'll be there in about 3 months. Oh shit that soon?!? OMG. I know my dad will be out for revenge as I posted black all over his truck at work when he turned 50. LOL He's already told me this. I'm glad you ended up having a good one after all! Congrats on 30 girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:28 PM

    I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday! You deserved it!-Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:29 AM

    Happy Birthday Kristi Ann!!

    That's so fantastic about your facial and wonderful birthday!

    And I'm so amazed by your upbringing. It sounds like such an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete