Monday, June 25, 2007

McKayla's Vocabulary

The drama queen is 19 months and 3 weeks old (thanks babycenter) and here is what I can remember of her daily growing vocabulary:

She can say: (pronounciation in parenthesis)

cheese (cheeece)
ice cream (ice keem)
milk (mik)
bless you (bess oooh)
please (peees)
mommy (mama or momeeeee with her hands cupped around her mouth)
kitty (kit -e or eow)
swimming (wim)
Papa (pa.......pa)
Oh no (oh no)
all right! (aaahhhh reai)
mouse (ouse)
bath (aaaaat)
high five (eye feye)
no no no (no no no with her finger wagging at you)
up (up)
shoes (shooooooooooce)
come on (ummm aaaaaan)
bye bye (bye bye) hand opens and closes
hi (hiiiiiiiiiiii) hand waves
apple (she says this perfect)
i stuck (she says this PERFECT...which is good seeing as how she gets herself into the most precariuos positions!
no way (no waaaay)

I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

It is amazing how different the bug was in his stages.

Girls are SOOOOOO different~

She seems to be cruising through... if not ahead... of most of her stages (crawling at 8 mos, walking at 10 mos etc...)

Not to mention the child WON'T touch baby food!
She never really has.
She nursed, and then it was straight to solids.
The only thing "baby" I can get her to eat are the Yo- Baby yogurts. Other than that it is rice...refried beans, rice soup, chicken nuggets, fish sticks, applesauce, peanut butter and jelly, and LOTS of cheese.... to name a few! :)

In addition to being a great eater...she is also great at throwing tantrums

.
I don't think I stood a chance when I told my mom I was having a little girl and she said (and I quote)

"ohhh Kristi...if she is HALF the rugrat you were....you are in for a treat"

and

"I hope she is just like her mom so you can see what I went through"

and then goes on to tell me how I stuck a grape up my nose and they didnt know...so it was there for like 3 days....and they couldn't find out what smelled so bad on me. took me to a dr....and sure as anything....out comes the grape.

I just wanted to see if it would fit.

See?


SIDE NOTE: THIS IS TOTALLY OFF THE SUBJECT......but people like THIS make me sick. How is this possible??

2 comments:

  1. All our kiddos are getting so big! I love her vocabulary. My current favorite Ella word is "boonies" which is balloon!

    As for that website, I think it must be a scam. However, the fact that some wacko thought it up is almost as upsetting as if it were real. It really makes me wonder what this world is coming to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:11 PM

    She talks the same as Ava! Maybe they can understand each other when you guys come in August!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete