Sunday, November 04, 2007

Have I told you....

how much I LOVE Bug's school???

He had his first report card and "parent/teacher conference" on halloween, and after talking to Mrs. Haulsee.....she said he has flourished. She has never seen a child learn so much so fast and with such enthusiasm in her 22 years of teaching. *chest puffs out* She said he is well mannered and loves to play with the other children. She DID say he needed to work on problem solving...for example....when he spills something...he raises his hand and lets you know, instead of getting up to get a paper towel or something to wipe it up with. Thats my fault I guess, I so quick to clean it up myself so that...

a.) it gets done right
b.) he doesnt make a bigger mess
c.) he isn't in my way...and
d.) I guess I feel more justified in my frustration if I have to do it.

So.. note to self: Let Bug be a little more independent...and me , a little less anal. ar ar

Anyway...

His handwriting is doing MUCH better, he can read words like "I, little, am, the, Pam, cat," and more. I love watching him get off the bus every day with something new he has learned....event he phrases that come out of his mouth crack me up. When he does something well he says "o.k mom...I can kiss my brain" and he will kiss his hand and pat his head. :) :) :)

But this.....

THIS tops it for me.....he learned this a few weeks ago...





I love how they incorporate the teaching into such fun things for them to do! :)

GO TEACHERS!!! I totally respect what you do!! You guys are AWESOME! Thank you for teaching our children....you have the most IMPORTANT job I can think of!

Till next time...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:12 PM

    Aloha,

    We sure miss da bug, da drama queen, dooder and da man of da house.

    Hope all is well. They are growing to fast. Remember, it will cost less to return to Hawaii before da drama queen turns two.

    Love,
    DaRocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's cute and he does it so well! They'll probably save that one for the end of the year program. lol I know they come up with such creative ways to drill things into their lil noggins! Just like Alex screaming at me when she was 4 as I was driving...."momma!! Red means stop! Green means go! YELLOW means wait even if you're late!!!" When I blew through a yellow light!

    ReplyDelete