Saturday, June 26, 2010

Yellow belt...black tip

I know I had mentioned previously in a post that Bug was taking Tae Kwon Doe.....

well, since then he has FLOURISHED in it. He went from a basic white belt...to a white belt with a black tip...to a white belt with a yellow tip, and then you graduate to a yellow belt. From there you earn a black tip for that one as well, and then a green tip. And so on and so forth...up to Black belt. He went for his black tip on his yellow belt last night. He was very nervous..but did wonderful! :) Brad and I were so proud!~
Tae Kwon Doe has really built up his self esteem, and self confidence~

He is also doing sparring now (which i wasnt too sure how he, or I for that matter, would handle) and is loving it. He is so much more aggressive than I thought he would be, not timid or scared. He had an issue with turning his back at first, but has quickly realized thats the quickest way to go down. I'll have to post some video on here of him sparring...I'll see if I can get it to upload!~ Anyway, I am so thankful for Master Jenkins and the staff there. They are so great with the kids!~ We are seeing the old Bug we knew back in NC!...and that is WONDERFUL~ :) Thank God!

Here he is at his test.


Practicing....with his buddy Nate from his school....


Getting ready to take it..just a lil nervous! :)...


The testers....



Here he is taking part of the test....



Of course he passes...Here is Sam recieving his black tip!~ GO SAM!


SO proud!!~


I sure can't love this boy any more than I already do! :)....



The testers..."graduation" picture... this is just a very small FRACTION of the people in the academy...they test once a month and if you are on the list to test, it means they think you are ready...so you come on the last friday of the month and those on the list try for the next rank! :)



Bug in his Spar gear...



Some cool video of the instructors.... (my favorite! The second dude is the Grand Masters son)


Instructors Sparring... Walter and Bobby... (2 of Sams favorite)


Another instructor showing one of the examples...

I'm sure there will be more videos and pictures in the future as Sam really seems to enjoy doing it. So much so, that when he gets happy about anything...he busts out doing karate moves. As a matter of fact if we are even standing still..he starts doing Ki-Bone 1 ( I know I know...I cant spell korean! lol)...

Anyway...love to all...

2 comments:

  1. Way to Go!!! Sammy!!! That's our boy!!!
    Popo can't wait to see you spar...
    Lots of Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA, SAMMY, GREAT JOB!!!! WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU. I CAN"T BELIEVE HOW BIG YOU ARE AND SUCH A HANDSOME LITTLE MAN!! MISS YOU ALL!!

    ReplyDelete