Thursday, October 21, 2010

Weekend in N.C

We went down to N.C this weekend to spend some time with my mom. I can't believe we haven't been back since we have moved (about a year and a half)... i thought I would be down there at least every couple of months!! Boy does life keep you busy!

One of the reasons for our trip was that my mom was once again recently diagnosed with breast cancer in her other breast. For those of you that weren't aware...she had battled and WON against this horrible disease back when I was pregnant with Bug in 2002. (Have I mentioned how much I HATE cancer?...Cody also fought prostate cancer back then at the SAME time! ) :( Grrrrrrrrrrr :( :(

She has already had one masectomy. The good news is that they caught it early...but still the surgery will be very invasive. She is a very faithful woman though and has a great spirit about her. I have every faith that she will beat it this time around again. My mom ROCKS. You have NO idea what this woman is capable of! :)

Honestly though, I have to admit.... that I am angry FOR her.

Angry and shocked.

If you know my mom, she is the sweetest...most GENEROUS person you will ever meet. And such a Godly woman too. For this to happen to her a second time blows me away. But i too have faith. Faith in her. and Faith in God. No matter what happens. :)

I love my mom~ :)

Please keep her in your prayers on a DAILY basis! I can't tell you how powerful prayer is!

Here are a few pictures and a video from this weekend! The kids got to see some friends they have MISSED SO MUCH!!

And Bug even got to spend the night for the first time EVER at a friends house! (THANKS Cheryl!) He talked about it for 5 hours on the way back to VA. He sure misses NC and all his friends there. We hope to have more time around Thanksgiving to see friends we didnt have the time to see on this past trip....

Here is KK and her friend "A"...


"M"..Bug...Drama Mama...and "A"...



A video of the 2 girls on the swings in the backyard! Man I miss this house and view!


There is more news to share but I have to get a few things done. Sam is at cub scouts with Daddy and KK and I are supposed to be doing some mommy/daughter stuff. And I don't think her idea of "fun" is mommy updating her blog! :) I think we will see if Popo is on Skype. :)

Love to all!!!~~

No comments:

Post a Comment