Sunday, December 03, 2006




Thanks My Love....

What a wonderful Anniversary planned for us!!

Brad came home around 2, and then let me take a MUCH needed nap

McKayla was up (i kid you not) every 30 minutes the night before...she is cutting a few teeth...so I had a ROUGH night and was soooo tired.

Anyway...he took McKayla out and I slept until about 3:45.....when I was awoke by my son's laughter.

What was he doing home?? I hadn't picked him up from school yet..??

Brad took it upon himself to go and get him so I could sleep an extra 1/2 hr. *sigh*

We played with the kids a bit, then it was time to start getting ready. *yay*





Off to Popo and Papa's they went!! (HUGE thanks to them!! You guys are great!)


And off we went to dinner.....

I was shocked!


I thought we were going to Outback, or somewhere like that...

but instead we went to DK Steakhouse ...


which was FABULOUS!


While were waiting for dinner to arrive he was grinning and finally shoved the bag across the table at me.."I can't wait any longer...open it"


Ya don't have to ask me twice!


Though I DID wonder why it was so light....he had said earlier that I shouldn't expect much, it was just something he had made. I was so excited to see what he had thought to make me.


I open the bag....


and there is a teddy bear inside?!?

"How could you have made that?"

"Just open it" he says impatiently

And I notice the bear is holding a box....

Maybe he made something and stuck it in there...I thought

I open the box and there is another box.

a jewelry box.

my heart skips a beat.

You see...Brad NEVER gets jewelry.

he claims he doesn't know what I like or what to get.

so I was still wondering what it could be.

I open it..

*gasp* and there are a pair of diamond earrings!!!!

They were beautiful!!

I look at Brad and he is sitting there with a grin that went from ear to ear.

"Do you like them" he asked (like he had to! lol)

"Are you serious? Are these for me?" I am looking at him kinda like he has grown a purple dot on his forehead.

"Of course honey...and if you don't like them we can take them back...I got them from Zales" he said proudly..knowing FULL WELL I LOVE them!!

I take out the gold earrings (in photo) he had got me for our 1st Christmas together, and put the studs in.

I quickly excuse myself to use the restroom.

I HAD to see them on me. My 1st pair EVER, I was beyond excited.

I get to the bathroom and look in the mirror...the shine in my eyes match the shine in my ears!! They were so gorgeous....and HUGE!

I quickly make my way back to the table so I can show them to him.

I can't stop smiling.

I read the wonderful card that goes along with it, and then our meal arrives!






I had Surf and Turf (8oz Prime Rib and Carribean lobster tail) and Brad went with a HUGE steak (24 ozs)...Isn't that CRAZY!


Needless to say.....mine was WONDERFUL, and his was so-so. He couldn't even finish HALF of it! LOL....

We get ready to go, and the staff comes up with this YUMMY little vanilla custard type thing with fresh blueberries, and they all wish us a "Happy Anniversary" dessert on the house! :O)

What a perfect end to a perfect evening!!~~

Thanks a million times over. For your thoughtfulness in taking such effort to plan our evening! Am I blessed or what?

Happy 5th babe!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweetie your man is! I love that he did little things too that mean so much! (coming home early, picking up Sammy etc) And the earings woo hoo!!! Lovely photo of you too! You look so in love! Congrats on five years of bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I didn't realize that we all had anniversary's so close. I am glad you had a great night out and a nice relaxing day.

    ReplyDelete