Tuesday, June 03, 2008

A funny and a WHAT?

Let's start with the funny...

A Sam-ster story..

Yesterday we had to go to the doctor (see "what?" below)...and because the kids were so good at the Dr's... and we hadn't eaten fast food in a while, I decided to treat them...o.k and me...(but just to a sweet tea...I don't care for B.K's food other than the croissantwich) to a "happy meal" (or whatever they are called there).

Well while I am standing in line I tell Bug and Drama Mama to find a table and have a seat and wait quietly while I order our food. They do as they are asked.

for about 4 minutes.

Then Drama Mama starts her random screaming (thinking it is funny to hear herself and see the reaction she gets) and standing on the benches. I leave line...give them a stern warning (which they normally heed)

Well....another minute goes by, and I look back to check on them, and Drama Mama is throwing the little advertisement they put on the table at Bug. Then she gets up and starts running around the restraunt. I get out of line again...grab her...decide to hold her at this point. She wants down so I tell her she needs to go sit down or we will leave. She goes.

The Bug starts getting up and walking around..I warn him..he goes back to sit down. Not even 20 seconds later he is up again walking around.

Exsaperated at this point I say "Alright kid's let's go...if you can't listen and behave then you can't expect mommy to be nice and get meals and let you play right?"
Bug immedietly says sorry.
too late.
"I'm glad you are sorry bug, but you made the choice not to listen to me and I gave you several warnings to give you a chance.....you CHOSE not to listen and be respectful..therefore you lose the priviledge of eating and playing here. Now we can go home and I will make dinner" (DARN IT!!...Now who is REALLY losing out here?)

The tears starts..."i'm sorry mom" over and over.

I stand firm.

I need them to understand that if I ask them to do something (especially when I am trying to be NICE!) and they can't listen.....they have consequences.

We walk out to the van....the sound of sniffles trailing behind.

I buckle them in.

sniffle sniffle.."But mommy"..sniffle

"what?" I look at him through the rear view mirror....

sniffle sniffle..."I have to punch my body now since *sniffle* it didnt listen..I wanted to stay in my chair and it didnt and now it losted my pridivliges"......"I don't like it right now"

the tears start afresh.

"Honey I don't think that's going to help. It was your ears that didn't listen, and you made the decision to get up and walk around"

"Well then....how do I put them in time out?....I don't like losing my pridivliges..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHAT???

Yesterday Drama Mama awoke from her nap grumpy. Then she said she needed to go potty. Well after about the 3rd time in 5 minutes....

i keep her panties off..

I notice her bum area is red, but think it's from sitting on her potty seat, or just from her nap.

She starts screaming and crying from the bathroom.

"Mommmmmeeeee...owwweeeee..oweeeee"

I run in.

She is holding her arms up for me.

I take her off and try to sit her down she starts bucking.

I lay her down and she grabs for her bum and ta-ta (as we call her "part") crying, saying it hurt and oweeeee.

I call Sandhills Pediatrics.

They can see her at 3:50.

I get Bug off the school bus at 3:15 and make it just in time.

The dr. comes in...looks at her bum...says "yes it's quite red. but doesnt look irratated or like a yeast infection"

She swabs.

5 minutes later comes back and says...

"I know this is going to sound wierd but your daughter tested positive for strep"

*looks confused*

BUT...you didn't swab her throat of even look IN it.

yeah well...get this..

Apparently there is such a thing as "rectal strep"....

it isnt contagious, and it hurts like the dickens (think burning and stinging) I guess instead of the mucus membranes it gets into the rectal ones.

How did she get it?

dumb luck.

They said there is NO other explanation....it is a common thing yet uncommon. (say what?) and they treat it as they would strep throat.

with amoxocillian. 10 days.

oh...and tylenol and a stiff drink (for me people!)

What is it with this child??

10 comments:

  1. OUCHIE! that poor girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and Bug LOL what a cutie! Doesn't it such when they don't listen and then you get punished too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly- poor kid! I hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh .... my poor babies.....
    Sammy is such a sensitive boy. And poor Kay Kay.
    Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa I did not know that! Geesh! Hang in there...whew.

    Way to go for standing your ground. They will make the connection how their behavior impacts all around them. Don't let those tears fool you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay I am getting why I did not hear from you now hehehe. SOrry about today but as I am sure you know packing and so forth is a big task. Randy slept all day today to catch up and get rested for the drive home. Alek and I went to hand out by that pool for a bit then I packed more. Thanks hun for everything though we love you guys a ton................
    Did you get my email about the blog template???
    How is Kay Kay doing now??
    I only hope I can be as strong as you when it comes to Alek and standing my ground...UHHHHH
    SMILE
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Kay Kay! I hope she is feeling better soon! Youch!

    Bug is a crack up. It's so interesting what they think and what they understand.

    (((HUGS))) I miss ya, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooh, poor baby! I knew you could get it in your um, Ta-ta, hence the testing when you're pregnant. But, rectally?? Wow!

    As for the Bug, well, that is one funny kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry. T.J had strep on his bum awhile back too. Cleared up fairly quickly with the med and a lot of bare bum air.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouch!! I hope she is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete