Monday, June 02, 2008

Video's and Montage's GALORE!~

'Ello 'Ello everyone!~

Wow....what a weekend!!! It was both BUSY and WONDERFUL all mixed into one little crazy ball of fun.

First off can I say HOLY COW....this is Bug's last FULL week of kindergarten!! *sniffle sniffle* It is spirit week for them, and today was HAT day.

Bug wore his Durham Bulls hat he got with his daddy at the baseball game a few weeks back.

It has become his new favorite....replacing his "Steelers Superbowl Champions" hat (much to MY dismay!)

Tomorrow is "Reading in my Shades" day.... and on Wed...its award day AND he gets to have McDonalds delivered to his class....... Thurs is ice cream sunday day...and Fri...they have a class party.

Then all he has left is Monday and a HALF day on Tues! *bawl bawl bawl*.

No, actually I am so excited to have him home for the summer since i have SO much planned! But MAN...he's gonna be a FIRST GRADER!

O.K back to this weekend.

On Saturday, we had a busy day in the yard....transplanting rose bushes, pulling weeds, moving stone, and whatever else was required to COMPLETELY re-do the front of the house.

After all that hard..HOT work...we went to the playground.









On our way back ...look what we came across....(no laughing..this was my 1st time picking one of these suckers up!)



Then we had a wonderful dinner with Cody (a.k.a Grandpa) of steak on the grill, salad, and baked potato's! YUM YUM!



ON SUNDAY....we went to church. It was a great sermon about fasting and why we do it, and what it means. This is something I have always said I was going to do...and never followed through. SO....Brad and I have decided to do it together.


WELL.....to be honest..he is starting his THIS week, and I am SUPPORTING him in that, and then I will begin mine next week (Heyyyy, ONE of us has to have the energy to chase after these monsters!).


So....for one week we (Brad and I..NOT the kids) will remain on a fruit and water/fruit juice diet.

Now there are different TYPES of fasting..so before you go "Yo Kristi Ann...fasting means NO food".......yeah well...bite me. You try going 27 days WITHOUT food (cause I'm NOT Ghandi!) ....There are many reasons we are choosing to do this...most of them personal. Hey...it's OUR life...all you haters! LOL


ANYWAY....after church we went to the N.C zoo again. Only this time it was just the 4 of us! (we missed you Kate, Randy, Alec, Steph, Scott and Edgar ) but still had SO much fun...

Here is a wonderful montage I put together for your pleasure! (epecially Popo!)











and more video fun of us at the zoo...



edited to add: A funny (not so funny to me) at the zoo.....Brad left the driver door to the van WIDE OPEN the entire time we were in the zoo...we came back to the van, and thank goodness the battery wasnt dead...and no one had taken anything.
*sigh* my husband.

AND LASTLY:

I HAVE TOMATO'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't believe me? look...o.k I have A tomato..but still! :)


my cucumbers I just planted in place of where I had tried the chard.


Watermelon! yummmy! (also just planted)


and lastly....let's try the cantaloupes again..(no seeds this time!) grrr

LOOK AT THIS FLOWER in our rose garden...is this not cool or what?



Hope ya'all had a FABULOUS weekend! God bless!~

6 comments:

  1. What a media fest! How fun fun fun! Your little guy is sure getting big. I loved kindergarden. Way to save that turtle and what a garden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fasting is an intensely personal thing and I commend you for doing so. I have many Muslim friends who fast during Rahmadan. They fast during daylight hours, breaking their fast in the morning before sunrise, and again after dusk. I'm always awed by those who are so rooted in their faith they are able to do this. :o)

    The videos and photos are wonderful--I only snickered a smidgey over the turtle one...;oP--and I LOVE that flower! Han would have utterly *delighted* in it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So BUMMED I missed the zoo day. Love the videos.
    We are to much a like. I stopped in the rode back home and tried moving a turtle across the road accept the one I tried moving was like a 100 pound snapping turtle. my father said I was lucky I did not lose my arm hehehe
    good dead......
    SMILE
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mommy for the montage. Yes, Popo did enjoy it very much.

    Love all the pictures and video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like your garden is doing great! Make sure to watch the watermelon and cantalope because rabbits love to knaw them off when they start to vine out. We are doing cantalope this year, no watermelon.

    Cute videos! Was that a snapper you are saving? If it was you are nuts! I've picked those up twice and they try to bite and hiss. They stink too!! I usually end up throwing them to safety! lol! Sadly a huge turtle was run over last week near our house. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay on tomatoes!

    We have two "Matoes" in our garden. I'm so jealous of your cantalopes. I would love to do those and watermelons, but we don't have the right climate for them. :(

    ReplyDelete