Thursday, May 29, 2008

You do the math....

1 Drama Mama
+ 1 bed
- 1 pull-up
- 1 pair of jammers
______________

=





Here's another one:

1 Bug
+ 1 bed
+ 1 pillow
+ 1 favorite blanket
_______

=



O.k O.k.....here's a really EASY one....

what does:

(1) sleeping child


+ (plus)

(1) sleeping child


=

(1) EXTREMELY HAPPY CAT! :P (that's me!)
Photobucket

Last one:

What does:

(1) garden full of weeds


=

ME... getting frustrated! LOL...nahhhhh I love it! :)



Garden Update


Yes, my garden is currently full of weeds due to the abundance of rainfall we have had here...(hey, you won't hear me complaining) but the garden itself is flourishing....


Here are my lovely tomato plants



and they have flowered.....tomato's here I come!


My green peppers....see if you can pick them out among the weeds! LOL...




My beans!!!!! Yummy! I have already snagged a few! :D


The only thing that didn't take was the swiss chard ( I think I did it wrong and didn't start it in planters first) and my cantalope (pooh!) ...I was so looking forward to THAT! :( Ah well...I'm going to try again....it's still early.


P.S My mom taught me a neat trick I am going to try in my garden...she said...if you get weeds like I have (a lot of them, and the small ones) the trick is to weed it good once, and then lay newspaper down in between the rows (anchored by rocks or whatever you choose)....the newpaper is biodegradable, and it prevents the weeds from growing!!! :) :P :)
Pretty cool eh? I am going to try it today if I can manage to get a few hours in. I'll try anything at this point since it is my THIRD time weeding it. I'll let you know how it goes!

TTFN!!~~

5 comments:

  1. What a funny post! You are one happy cat! What sweet kiddos. Oooh they are going to be mad at you when they are teens for posting those pics! :)

    The garden looks like one fun adventure!!

    PS -- I have a ton of ideas for fun things to do in DC. I will send you an email! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the garden- woohoo!!! Ella "planted" a bunch of beans right under the side of the deck from playing with her dried beans and a pot of water, should be interesting to see what pops up from that surprise patch! Try the chard again- it is a plant that you can continuously plant throughout the season, has a fairly short growth cycle. It may have just gotten rained out your first try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weeds crack me up! Don't worry it's going to happen unless you plant in planters. The newspaper works well as a barrier. Hay well too. I almost did hay around ours this year but didn't. I'll just get out there and rake between the rows. (sigh)

    So funny about McKayla sleeping naked. Good thing she's potty trained, that would be quite messy at my house. If we don't get Dom up at 11 pm to pee, he wets the bed terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL..I am so glad I checked your blog. I haven't really been on lately..but the pics of Kayla sleeping naked are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Kay Kay and Lil are twins!! ;o)

    The garden looks fabulous. :o)

    ReplyDelete