Friday, May 02, 2008

...and on it goes...

First off let me say how happy i am at the way potty training is going, and how quickly she is picking up on it.

That said....let me clarify that it only seems to go great when she has NO CLOTHES on.

She hasn't quite grasped the concept that if you are wearing something...they MUST come down before you go.
A prime example would be this morning....i took her pull-up off (since she does not wake up dry yet) and put her jammer bottoms back on. She knew she needed to go, and made it to the bathroom...only to sit on her toilet seat with her jammers still up around her hips, and proceed to go right through them. She was so thrilled with her sucess at going IN the toilet, I didn't have the heart to remind her to PULL your pants DOWN first.

Ahhhhh well.....steps right?

Well, since it has been going well, and we have bascially confined ourselves to the house ( to make it a bit easier) We celebrated by running out and getting her, her 1st pair of big girl "panties".

She totally loved picking them out, but that was about the extent of it.

I put them on her, and she says "mommy, panties off please".....she is NOT liking them now! LOL
But she IS keeping them on (with a tug here and there) so I am counting my blessings! :)

Anyway here are a few shots along with a video (she cracks me up)....

Can we say DRAMA mama? (or maybe it's Ms. Attitude) with her "panties"


distracted by the t.v...... (bad mom!)


This was yesterday....Goooooooooooooo kaykay!!


video of her attempt....#'ed that way because we have LOTS of false alarms!...LOL


playing on the "pooter"...lol...cute bum!


Here is Bug doing his daily homework...

what a good boy!~

His sticker chart situation is going great too. He has tried SO many new things, and we have found that he actually likes OTHER foods (much to his surprise as well:) ) He is such a great help. And he cracks me up with some of the stuff he spits out. Gotta love kindergarten!~

Have a great weekend! TTFN!~

7 comments:

  1. How cute! Fun pictures. It sounds like potty training is quite the adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to hear Kaykay is doing well the potty. I do not look forward to that at all....You will be giving me tips I am sure. How are things?? I sent you a few emails about possibly visiting did you get them?? I know we have had email issues in the past. I hope all is well and we hear from you soon
    SMILE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the PT! Ice cream finally won Ella over. She has never once woken up dry, in fact her diaper is completely saturated in the a.m. Are kids supposed to go 12 hours without peeing?! She is day trained, which is what matters to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am glad the naked thing is working for you!!!! Mine just peed on the floor if he had nothing on! He is day trained, as Jess said! Except if he has to poop. He asks for a pull up, goes and hides, and comes back with a very smelly pull up! He WON'T go poopy on the potty yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What???? I didn't comment yet???? I could have SWORN I said something about being SO jealous Kayla was potty training and Lil is just, well, NOT. :sigh:

    The Bug is getting to be SUCH a big boy! Have you noticed that kindergarten has FLOWN by? It sure did for us last year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish Damien had some interest! She looks cute in her little panties! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kayla is such a cutie! I love how she sticks out her tongue to say the /l/ sound in marshmallow! Drew does the same thing. He's also the same with the potty. If he's nude he goes on the potty, but if he has undies on he thinks it's just as good as a diaper! And he's not a fan of pooping on the potty...eventually...

    -Becca

    ReplyDelete