Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Search for the Truth...

We were invited to a Christian "murder" mystery lunch over at Mimi's after church on Sunday!

AND

it was the 1st time I had ever left the kids with someone OTHER than family. A friend from church came HIGHLY recommended by several others....so after debating for a few days (on if we should or shouldn't leave the kids) we finally decided that we deserved some "adult" time.

The clincher was Donna (the sitter) was available and said she would be "honored" to watch them! :) awwwwww! :) She is a wonderful person..sooooo sweet...she has 4 kiddo's of her own, and an elementry education degree, AND she homeschools 2 of her 4 kids (the other 2 are too young). They (the kids) are very well behaved and well mannered so I KNOW my kids won't be picking anything up that they shouldnt (i.e cussing, spitting etc).

So off we went.....

Here is the gist of the story...

We are all at a summer christian camp (as teenagers and counselor's....depending on your role) when one of the counselors is found murdered. There are 3 acts, and for each one you have a set number of clues you need to reveal in conversation. Once everyone has revealed their clues, the act closes and a break is taken. Then we resume with the next act and next clues. At the end we all guess how it happened and who did it. It was a BLAST!!!

My character was Donna Glover. I was a student who was "gaga" over my boyfriend Langley (played by Brad)... I'm teaching myself how to play the piano and I work at a department store. I adore short shirts and hipsters but my parents won't let me wear them. With my blonde hair everybody says I look like Brittney Spears. I know a lot about horses. I plan to be a vet and I don't intend to have any kids. I prefer animals. I love anything that's pink. My whole room is pink. I also sing in a choir. They tell me I have a lovely singing voice. I pretend to be ditzy (but I'm really not). Eleanor Hoskins is my best friend in the world.
Dress suggestions: Pink clothes and a blond wig. Sing a little

Brad was Langley Weaver - He was a student. He played electric guitar (in a band with Kennie and Kevin), and am gaga over Donna Glover! He drives a black Cougar and is VERY protective of Donna. He'll do anything she wants. He sings back up in the band and has a little brother. Though he like heavy bands, He's usually very mellow. He just started working at a grocery store on weekends. It's not much fun but it helps to pay his student fees.
Dress suggestions: Modern clothes with glasses and bleached hair.

Here is a picture of what I looked like (no laughing!)


Here is the set up with our character roles, and clues...


It was set up JUST like camp in Mimi's BEAUTIFUL backyard...


With art and crafts and tons of "camp" games to play...see what I made? :)


The food was FABULOUS!! (see my FAVORITE...fresh mozerella and tomato with fresh basil?) Yummmmmmmmmm~


My mom was this "cool" youth leader named "Rose"...she look sooooo cute!!! See her with the guitar?


Cody was Keld Henderson....a Indiana Jones lover, and also a youth leader...in love with Rose. He looked GREAT too! :) (Brad didn't have his full costume on at this point)


Ed as the "detective".....


Gundel is a rebelious teen sent to camp by her parents....note the belly ring! LMBO!~(she taped her wedding ring to her belly!)


Bob played Kevin a guy in Brad's "band"....he was SOOOOO funny!


Mimi was "Kitty" a teen with a bad lisp....who kissed up to everyone....


Kim (Mimi's husband) played the part of a teen that loved swords and monty python movies...I REALLY wish I had caught a front shot so you could see his outfit with all his swords and his "injury" he got from dropping one on his foot. (he drew it on and it was hilarious!)


Shane played "Kennie"..another guy in Brad's band.....


Joan was "Pamela"....she turned out to be the murderer...she poisoned the guy because ...aww man...I forgot....but SHE did it!:)


There were more characters....but I was too busy having fun to snap pictures! All in all I think we had 12 people. It was sooo much fun! :)

We get to munch before the 1st act, and all sit down to eat and "converse" to share our clues..


See how mature we were?? LOL Mimi and Cody pick at each other EVERY time they get together...you would think they were brother and sister! :)



More maturity...I LOVE it! PLUS you get to see Brad in his costume (glasses) at the end of the video! :)


THANKS Mimi!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, how FUN!!! I've always wanted to do one of those. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great! How did the kids do with their first "babysitter" ? ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun and wow, creative! I love the costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a blast!!!! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..you kinda look like me! No just kidding..but you do look like this girl I used to work with. Like a spitting image! How cute! I think you should keep the look. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!! Glad you had a good "date" night!

    ReplyDelete