Monday, May 19, 2008

A day in the life of:

Drama Mama (a.k.a Kaykay) and her potty training...


1st off let me announce (with GREAT pride) that Drama Mama is Day potty trained. She wears her panties during the day (and even when we go out) and knows to tell me she needs to go.

Here is an example of a typical day...

SET SCENE - Living room...reading a book together

Act I

Kaykay: "mommy, kaykay needs to go shee shee in the potty...Hum (come) on runnnn.."

**see mommy and kaykay running to the bathroom...kaykay tripping on toys or running into things as she goes because she is watching ME the whole way and not watching where SHE is going!**

Arrive in Kids Bathroom

SET SCENE- Kids bathroom....little toilet seat over toilet and step stool in place

ACT II

**see Kaykay sitting on potty with her feet propped up on the seat...(makes for a nice mess, but hey...I'm not complaining...she IS going in the potty) ...and mommy sitting on the edge of the tub.

Kaykay: Geh (get) OUT mommy...geh OUT...*meanwhile pointing her finger at the exit of the bathroom*

Exit mommy.

*5 seconds go by...as mommy waits right outside the door knowing full well what is coming next*

Kaykay: "Mommy!...Mommmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee!?"

*I peek around the door*

Kaykay: "come ere (here) mommy sit down!" *gestures for me to sit on the tub again*

I sit.

KayKay: "Here it comes mommy..issss (it's) coming"

*she opens her eyes wide and waits for the sound of her own shee shee*

Kaykay: "Mommy sing ABC's peeease (please)"

*see mommy singing ABC'S while being joined in periodically by a letter here and there and an "hij..lmooppppppppp"...also see an occasional dance and wiggle*

She is done....

*see her marching (while her feet are STILL propped up) while still sitting there and singing

Kaykay: "Kaykay went shee shee in the potty...kaykay went shee shee in the potty..HOORAY!"

followed by an immediate

"now kaykay gets arshlelloooows!!" (marshmallows)

Kaykay: " Mommy get issue (tissue people!!! I already KNOW i have issues! LOL)..kaykay wipe ta ta.."

*see mommy pulling off the tissue since kaykay knows she is not allowed due to numerous previous incidents where the whole roll ended up unwrapped IN the toilet*

She jumps down:

Kaykay: "kaykay ash (wash) ands..(hands).."

* see mommy turn on water and kaykay wash her hands *

Kaykay: " ets (let's) go get arshlellooooows"

exit bathroom

Set Scene: kitchen area...in cupboards where marshmallows are located..

Act III

Mommy: " Good job Kaykay...that makes mommy soooo proud of you...Good JOB!"

Kaykay: " Yay kaykay...kaykay get arshleloooows peease"

*see mommy pulling down the mini colored marshmallows and placing them on the counter in front of her*

Meanwhile Kaykay is dancing and singing to herself her potty song.....while waiting for me

Mommy: "How many do you get kaykay?"

Kaykay: "foooooouuuuuurrrr"

Mommy: "Thats right...now count them out.....ONLY 4 kaykay!"

*see kaykay look at mommy out of the corner of her eye...grab 2.. stuff them quickly in her mouth...and begin counting*

Kaykay: "1....2.....free.....4"

Mommy: " No kaykay....you already had 2...now you only get 2 more."

Kaykay: " no Mommy....kaykay get ffffffoooooouuurrrrr....seeeeeee..."

*see her counting them out of her hand and placing them on the counter*

Kaykay: "1...2....freee....4!!!!"

*see Mommy grabbing 2 and putting them back IN the bag*

Kaykay: " Dooos (those) are miiine mommyyy...but I sharrrrre"

Mommy: " gee thanks kaykay...nice try"

***repeat about 11 times throughout day***

End Scene.
End Act.




IN OTHER NEWS:

I have tons to share...my cousin Katie and her family came for a wonderful visit...I will post more on that soon! Plus Bug's 1st game. So much to tell.

No time to tell it! :) Soon though.

I leave you with this video...I only hope I can teach my daughter to be the same way!~

6 comments:

  1. Cannot wait to see the pictures you took while we were there. I love the storyof Kay Kay gong to the pottie, but I of course got to see her in action about 8-12 times yesterday so I can def. see the play by play as I read. We had such a great time with you guys, thank you so much for a wonderful day and dinner. We love you guys a ton.
    PS. I need you to write me the step by step on how you put that video on your blog darn it. I put the link, but I could not figure out how to just put the video. I aw the embedding code on the side, but where do I put it. I tried to switch over to the HTML and copy the code but that did not work (on the post page).
    Thanks woman
    SMILE

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROTFL! That is too wonderful! :o)

    Have fun with Katie and Randy and that sweet little chubmeister of a baby. :o)

    I just LOVE that video. IT keeps making me cry. :sniff:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love potty training. Makayla asks me to tell her how proud I am of her when she is all finished. And she's been doing great with it for weeks now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! I love the write up of the whole experience :)

    I attended Central Washington University. I am so proud to be a Wildcat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo on the potty training!!! I was so relieved when Ella day trained.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL at the potty training. Around her it's like this:

    Mommy: Adam do you have to go poop? If you go poop you can have a treat!

    Adam: No treat.

    Mommy: *sigh*

    Adam: Mommy I go poop on potty!

    Mommy: Yay Adam let's go! *sniff* Adam did you already poop in your pants?

    Adam (big smile) Yes, I have a treat?

    aaaaaagggggg

    ReplyDelete