Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!! '09

What a FANTASTIC Mother's Day! We went to Virginia on friday to spend the Mothers day weekend with Brad and the family...

Sunday was Mother's Day...and the 3 mile breast cancer "walk to empower"...the whole family came out to support my mom. A survivor. I have A LOT of breast cancer that runs in my family. Both grandmothers...my mom, and aunts. We walked in honor and memory of them as well. I wish I had gotten a picture of my back.

It said "I walk in honor of: The best Mom in the whole world, Pat Talcott
My grandmother's
Rhonda's Mom
Aunt Sue
all women

Here is our team: It was called "Blanket of Care"....



In addition to the walk, the kids got to ride the metro from Springfeild into D.C...it was their first experience on a train, and BOY did they LOVE it!...

Here we are walking into the metro...


The kids and I....


Sam wanting to sit by himself....at first...


Kayla LOVING it....


Me fixing her hair...it NEVER stays for long this child is SO active...


Daddy and the kids...pole dancing...


Kayla checking out the view...LOVE this pic...


My hubby! :)....


Can we say "cheeseball" !?!?! :)

We arrive in D.C and walk to the capitol...


We arrive and mom and Aunt Maryanne are waiting...


The sign..



Registration...


We find Cody waiting for us...what a cutie!


Pinning McKayla with her "team: Blanket of Care" sign...

My mom pinning me...



Josh and Kayla....she really loves her Uncle!...

Cousins Lexi and Kayla...



My Boys....hubby and bro..
Mom and her good friend Kathy...
Mom and her kids! :)....

All the "guys"...

What you lookin' at fool?...

Like father...like son! :)...


Aunt Maryanne..love the face... (:P)..
Josh, Cody, and Cecil...

Bug's back....


The start from where we were...there were SO many people there!...



Sisters...getting ready to walk!~...got all our free goodies!?!?....


Father and son....


The cousins...


Father and daughter...(my brother and his daughter)...


Awww.....aren't they tooo cute~....my mom and dad!....


LOVE this picture too....


Can you feel the love? I LOVE how they are with each other!...


Sisters walking together...


Josh and Mason walking together! (:P)...
Kathy and Cecil...

Mom, Maryanne, and Josh...


Cody and Josh!....
Walking along....

Sam saw this building and says "Hey Mommy, I have seen that building before...it's on a penny right?"....WAY TO GO BUG! I am so proud...



We thought of our loved ones in Hawaii...(Hi popo and papa!)


My father's hands....i used to LOVE getting my fingers stuck between his when I was younger...such STRONG hands...


The FINISH!!!!! YAY! :)


All tuckered out at Daddy's hotel....



FAST ASLEEP 5 minutes after their heads hit the pillows...



WHAT A WONDERFUL MOTHERS DAY! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO POPO, NANA, AND GRANDMA!!!!

Also to ALL the mom's out there
Becca, Tera, Rach, Lindsey, Jess, Sheri, Sabrina, Jen, Amber, Katie, Chels, Rhonda, Aunt Maryanne....
and to all the ones my fried brain has missed.

On the last note: here is a picture of my nephew Matthew that I took on Sat. at Mason's soccer game....he got sick right before the walk (Sat night) and was really bummed he couldnt go..
He has THE MOST GORGEOUS EYES EVER....


xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet way to spend and start out the Mother's Day Weekend. Wish I could have been there to walk. Maybe next year it can be one of our New Memories we create. Looks like you had a great weekend. How are things going?? What are you plans after school is done?? Miss you guys

    ReplyDelete