Friday, May 15, 2009

Man of the house

Bug said the cutest thing to me last night. He was talking on the phone with his father saying goodnight, and I was curled up not feeling the greatest, waiting for them to finish their "I love you's" and "God Bless's"...when Bug hands the phone to Drama Mama.

She takes it in her little hands and starts her chatter with daddy.

Meanwhile Bug crawls up into my bed and starts stroking my head.

"It's ok Mom...I'll take care of you"

"thanks bug" I smile even though it is the last thing I want to do.

"hey mom" he says as he continues to stroke my hair

"Dad said since he wasn't here...I have to be the man of the house"

"that's right Bug" I said.

"well, since dad said I am man of the house....don't you think I should sleep with you in your bed tonight?"

(he has been asking to sleep with me off and on for the last 2 weeks for some strange reason. I have yet to let him...but he continues to ask...not sure why he has started this...but I have avoided it thus far...)

"no bug..you need to sleep in your own bed like a big boy" I say.

"but mom...how can I take care of you if I am in my own bed...I won't hear you. besides I AM a big boy...I AM a man now"

I look at him thinking that yes he is a big boy...one who is growing WAY to fast! And he WANTS to grow FAST....he is all about being healthy, and growing and has taken to looking at the sugar content in everything he eats...he even insists on a banana for dessert instead of ice cream...(it has actually turned into a game with us...where I tell him he has to eat ice cream cause I want him to stay my snugglebug, and he argues that he will ALWAYS be my snugglebug but he wants to grow bigger.) Ummmm... Can I get that in writing???? seriously.

Nothing like a bit of reverse psychology eh? lol

ANYWHOO....got off track...

so he then says " I think its what Daddy wants...I'll go get my pillow and blanket"

Nice try Bug.

Nice try.

No comments:

Post a Comment