Thursday, August 17, 2006

Honey...this one is ALL you.


I guess it would only be fair to WARN you.....what I am about to post is .....well......something a little personal.

*rolls her eyes*

You have been warned.....

Brad and I were in our bedroom last night watching TV and entertaining McKayla...when I hear a little....

tap tap tap

...I look...and there is Sammy peering at me though the hole where the doorknob is supposed to go (we removed them since Sammy has a habit of LOCKING all the doors)

Brad hops up to see what he wants.

Sammy doesn't wait ....he pushes the door open.

"It got bigger" he says with this grin

"huh?...pardon me...what got bigger bug?"

I am on the floor on the side of the bed playing with Kayla so I can't see him.

Brad says..."go show mom" uh oh

I stand up...fearing the worse.

He heads over to me.....meanwhile I look at DH.

His face is beat red and he looks like he is about to have a MAJOR heart attack.

"What is is bug? What got bigger...show mommy" I begin to head to his room

***see where this is going?...if You haven't...you must have girls LOL***

"Look mom...it got bigger"

"What honey....WHAT got bigger?"

He then opens his underwear and points. (there's that grin again)

I look over to DH...

He is laughing so hard he can't breathe. I kid you not.

"ummmm...yeah sammy..it did get bigger....please don't play with it...it is time for night-night"

PAUSE: O.k I am the female here right? So WHY am I trying to explain to an almost 4 year old that an erection is normal...isn't this daddy duty??

I take Sammy back to bed.

10 minutes later.....

"Mommy..I made it bigger again"

"I see that Sammy, but it is time for bed...you have school tomorrow..let's go"

"Mommy, I wanna show Mrs Donnie"

Here is where I start praying (and havent stopped) that Sammy will NOT remember this in the morning....that he will NOT go to school and point out this AMAZING fact he has discovered....and please, please please....DON'T SHOW THE TEACHER!

All last night....Brad acted like the proud dad (like HE had anything to do with it...besides the kid is 4...MEN!) I was beside myself worrying about today...and school....and the fact that my "little" boy is growing up so fast!

Has anyone with boys dealt with this?? And what did you do? How did you explain it. Normally I would just ignore it...I mean what do you tell a "not quite" 4 year old about how and why his pee pee gets hard.....but he asks 1000 questions!

Honey....this one is ALL yours!

Help!

8 comments:

  1. Did you post when I put this on my blog months ago? When ol' George got all upset. LMAO! It was called "I know what boys like" Dominic is still doing this all the time, mainly in the bath. Damien loves having his diaper off now too so he can try to tear his apart after he whacks it a few times with his hand. Dave shutters when he sees him pulling at it like that. We still just try ignoring and tell Dominic it's not nice to do that and leave it alone. lol I don't know what else to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:46 PM

    OMG! I am about to die laughing over here. I don't have a boy so I can't help you out. Let us know how school goes today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA!!! Kristi Ann, I am dying laughing! :-)

    Well, I have no good advice at all seeing as I have a little baby girl. Hmmm, one of my good friends has a 4 year old son and he discovered his penis around age two. It got to the point they just told him that he could do what he wanted with it in the privacy of his bedroom or in the bathroom. My girlfriend (NOT the father, of course) had to explain that they are private parts and it makes other people umcomfortable to see them or hear about them.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!! LMAO!!!! I really hope he kept it to himself at school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! Please God don't EVER let Adam do that to me! Show the teacher????????? Holy crap! I am laughing and fretting at the same time! Thanks for that! Now THAT should be an oceangram LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't really comment on this situation.. I have no boys and wouldn't have any idea what to do if this happened. Sorry I can't be of any help to you here but I think what you did sounds good.. you stayed calm without making it a "BIG" deal! Good job supermom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:39 AM

    OMG Kristi I am laughing so hard. Tyler is 4 and has not said anything. He does want to know why he has a penis and Alyssa does not. Please let me know what you figure out for Sammy I am sure I will sitting there some day real soon. LOL Cannot wait to hear about school.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to let everyone know he had a good day at school. I asked the teacher and director and they said it is NORMAL. To explain it from a scientific angle since that is the only way they are looking at it. She said the way you handle this now, will dictate the kind of relationship you have with him. (weather he will be comfortable coming to me with problems and questions in the future) She said the most important thing to do is NOT LAUGH! So...well...he has basically forgotten about it *so far* Thankfully!!!! I'll keep you posted~

    ReplyDelete