Monday, July 14, 2008

Revolutionary Love

One Word.

WOW.

I am so impressed and pleased with my church right now I could ....

"Shout to the Lord, all the earth, let us sing
Power and Majesty, praise to the King;
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar
At the sound of Your name.
I sing for joy at the work of your hands,
Forever I'll love You, forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have in You"

O.K THATS out of my system! :P

Anyway...Every year my church Grace...does a thing called revolutionary love, where we have these business cards (you can see what they look like on the link) that we hand out letting people know (as we do a good deed, like carrying someones groceries out to the car for them or whatever) that they are always loved by Jesus.

THIS YEAR however...get this...

This past Sunday right before the service let out, everyone was asked to take a white envelope.

After everyone had taken one, we were told that we were not to open the envelopes until we got home.

That being said....we were informed that there was an unspecified amount of money in EACH envelope (along with the cards) and EVERY single person in all 3 sevices would get one.

There was either a $5, $10, $20, or $50 bill in each one.

THEN it was expained that this year were were going to do more than just TELL people the Lord loves them....we were going to SHOW them through actions. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

How freaking cool is that!!!

The church giving OUT money!!!

For example.....you could buy someones lunch in the drive through, or buy a gift card to walmart and look for someone whom you thought could use it...HOWEVER YOU wanted to do it.

And then we were to go to the GRACE site and click on the link to the blog, and let them know what we did with the money. Then this Sunday whomever used the money in the most unique way, or made the most difference would get $200 to go out and do the SAME thing! :)

wooot wooooot !:)

Well, both Brad and I only got $5 in our envelopes and to be honest my first thought was "what can I do with $5-$10....I mean seriously"

And I put it aside and kinda prayed about it and continued to think "what can I do with that amount to make the MOST difference"...I mean hey....$10 doesnt go far these days!!

But after many prayers (and wonderful advice) I have figured it out!!!

Tomorrow we will go to an office supply store and buy construction paper in every different color (well, $10 worth),
and then we will come home and the kids, I AND Brad will cut out hearts and flowers and write happy messages on every one of them.
Then we'll go to a retirement home and visit and pass them out.

That way not only will we (hopefully) make someones day by visiting, talking, and giving them artwork....
but I think the kids will get a lot out of it as well!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO....
Now that I have a plan in place I am SOOO excited to get it done!

What a great feeling!!!!

Anyway...I'll be taking pictures so I'll share them with you after our visit.
Please say a prayer for us, and hope that we can impact and make a small difference in someones day tomorrow!

Love to all!!

P.S I challenge YOU to take just $5-$10 out of YOUR pocket and see what YOU can do. Let me know if you do. You may be surprised what you can do, and what an impact YOU can have!

5 comments:

  1. THAT'S AWESOME!! WHAT A COOL IDEA!!! HMMMMM....what can we do, I'll have to think about it and let you know!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a neat idea! I am all about community service with Brownies and 4H so I think it's awesome how you are going to spend the money. Those seniors will be so happy to see your cuties!! They probably won't want to give them back actually! lol

    I wish we could venture over to the Carolina's. Remember I don't fly though so imagine that in gas from Kansas! LOL!!! I told Jess if we went up to KC this summer we'd have to meet up, I traveled the other day to Wichita (1 hr from home!) and all that pressure of sitting and our little bambina kicking me in the crotch was killer! One hour and I was looking for a bathroom to pull over to! lol Dave drove home and I had the passeger seat reclined all the way back! lol! I think our trips to KC and CO this summer are going to be postponed.

    School starts there in Sept, right? Are you getting prepared yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AWESOME!! Imagine the newcomers there that day, and the impression that it must've made on them...wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Too cool! You go girl! Make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea your church had, and what a fabulous and creative and heartfelt way to spend your money! I am so behind in my blogging, but thanks to you (when you comment I know I should add a new post) I just reposted...

    Love you, and I'll keep reading to catch up with the Brennamen's

    ReplyDelete