Monday, July 28, 2008

Hangin' in there...

As best as we can. We have some big decisions to make....

Brad was offered the job in VA.

YAY!!!!!! It was an answer to our prayers.

However he has to go through Top Sec*ret Sec*urity Clea*rance (TSSC)....and have his physical AND a Poly*graph test!!!! Which could take anywhere from a month to a year.

BUT they have asked him to start on the 4th of Aug (which also happens to be Popo's Bday!!!)....so he is STILL down there, (in VA) but now has to come back (to NC) to get a bunch of things....including his truck.

The decision we need to make is that Bug's 1st grade starts in late Aug (coming up people HELLO!!) and I need to decide if he will go here or there....thing is I am SOOOOO not keen on moving back to the NoVa area (having been there...done that)....PLUS the kids are very happy and settled here.

TRUST me I have prayed and prayed and prayed and I STILL don't have a clue what to do.

I can't decide if staying here in NC, where we are established and have settled, and sacrificing seeing Brad every 2 weeks (which will be tough on me and the kids!!!) OR

MOVING to VA, and re-establishing EVERYTHING since that is where Brad's job is now.

Here is my thought.

I think the kids and I should stay here for at least 2-3 months.....allowing Bug to start school, and SEE how Brad likes this job....

that being said....if he passes his TSSC...then that makes his odds of getting a job on For*t Br*agg SOOOO much better.

OK.

So if we Do decide to do that....

Question of the day.
What does Brad do?

Rent a place (spending the money that we are TRYING to save?)....he isnt comfortable staying with my parents, and I can't blame him since he is 35 and isn't used to being the one "parented".

Rent a room?

Bite the bullet and stay with the 'rents.....


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

O.k enough of that.

It's in the Lord's hands and I have to remember that. We will survive no matter WHAT choice we make.

O.K

On to some FUN!!!!!

We went to the imaginiation station a few days ago...

Here are the pics and video....

All Aboard!!!!!!!!!...


Emergency people...out of the way...


Did anyone call for help?


1 little..2 little...3 little indians....


Did someone call for a Dr.???


A Vet perhaps?...


THIS had to be Bug's favorite thing...even though it was stationary...LOL..


Fire Bell....


Hehehehe....he got a kick out of checking me out...


Giddy-Up....


He loves helping at home...so he played with this for a while! LOL....Just gettin' him ready for his future wife! :P



And last but not least.....

8 comments:

  1. AHH! You could be moving here! You will already have some free babysitting :) I love NOVA. Gorgeous, lots to do, near DC and all those free museums. Big prayers on your decisions...just remember to wait on that perfect peace. (Very exciting, though!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Brad and his new job! "Secret Agent"??!! I always thought that would be so cool!

    But you do have big decisions to make, and I think what you said is right on...stay where you are until Brad knows for sure that he'll stay at the job (likes it and passes all of the security measures), and he really should bite the bullet and stay with your parents. Why spend money on rent? It will only be for a couple of months, right?

    And finally, when you do move, you'll be closer to us (assuming we get our Willie Nelson house in NJ- check my blog if you have no clue what I'm talking about!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I've been away from your blog for far too long I had no idea about any of this! Good luck! I'll be praying that God gives you the answers you are looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mommy-O, you better not be moving just yet, cos' Papa & Popo has already purchased their tickets to NC......
    Hang in there and hopefully, Brad can get transfer to Fort Bragg.
    We cannot wait to see you all.....Love always and keep your chin up. Everything should fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't checked with Tom on this yet, but Brad's always welcome to the guest room in our basement, complete with full bath and I guess separate entrance. He'd have to put up with 2 big friendly dogs though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, the pictures are great! That looks much like our Exploration Place in our parts.

    Second, in my honest opinion...(lol) I think you have the right idea on letting him try the job out first before packing up and moving there. I have a close friend in a very similar situation at the moment. Long story short: He's got a VIP job in the Airforce. Moved to Topeka left the family behind (mom & 2 kids)Lived there in Barracks for a year but it didn't work out so he moved back. Now he's back but at the AFB around here and comes home on the weekend. They will however be moving eventually to be closer to that AFB.

    I hope you can figure out a good plan. I know it's got to be stressful especially with figuring what's best for the kids. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hard for me to give advice right now on things like this, but I would say to wait until he figures "THINGS" out if he likes it and so forth and gets the job completely, then do whatever you have to do I would say to be with your husband. That is just the way I feel right now Kris because you hun you just never know. My theory is every day you are away from one another its one less day you have together, and cannot get back. But you know where I am coming from.........Love and miss you a ton, you are a beautiful wife, mother and you will do whatever is right for your family and kids because that is your world.....
    SMILE

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!! congrats brad!! I know you both will make the decisions that are best for you and your family!! i will keep you in my thought and prayers!! love ya'll!!
    love Tera

    ReplyDelete