Tuesday, July 22, 2008

SAD

I am sad for my mom, and Cody.

They were visiting NC this past weekend, and got back to VA late last night to discover their home had been broken into. :( :( :(

What a terrible feeling.

Brad went back to VA for a job interview (which went well) and was the one that discovered the unfortunate incident late last night as they got home. He was fearful they were still in the house so he got everyone out, and they called the police. They got some prints and some blood was left behind (maybe from the glass)....but all in all it could have been MUCH worse.

My mom is an amazing person though, because even as I was angry, upset, sad, and scared for them...she was telling me, she was grateful it wasn't more (that had been taken), and she was glad nothing had been damaged (aside from the glass door being shattered), and that we really needed to think about how bad that person must have needed it, and how THEY were the ones needing prayer.

WOW.

I have to admit...I am STILL upset about the incident, but she has a point....if all they lost were some material possesions, and no one was hurt (aside from feeling violated in a small way) then we DO have much to be thankful for.

I only hope I can grow to be more like her. I guess I'll just have to keep taking notes! ;P

My love to all!~

6 comments:

  1. Oh Wow, that is terrible. We are glad that they were not home at the same time, where they might have been hurt physically. Thank God! Most important is they are safe. Material stuff can be replace, but life is SOOOO precious. Our prayers are with them. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. I agree, everything is replacable for the most part. The good thing is they are ok and weren't there when it happened.

    We have been there with our old 5.0 Mustang. It sucks and you feel violated, it's a yucky feeling. Luckily the moron only got away with about 40 CD's and a Eclipse CD player with GPS. LOL. The crowbar to the back hatch couldn't get the subs in the back. Poor car took a big beating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! Tell them I am thinking of them and I am glad they are okay!

    On another note???!!??!! Brad...job interview....VA? What's up with that???? Are you guys coming back?!?!?!?!?!? LET ME KNOW!

    love ya!

    Amber

    PS thanks for not killing that snake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhh Kristi tell your mom and Cody I am thinking about them. I am glad everyone is safe, the feeling of being violated is oe that takes a while to heal from, but you are right you can only pray for the person that was so desperate.
    Randy is in North Carolina with his dad and brother for the next couple weeks. MISS YOU A TON
    SMILE

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sad! I am so sorry! I can only imagine how violated and unsafe she must feel...that is too bad. It is hard when it happens to someone that you care about. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry! I am glad they are safe though!

    ReplyDelete