Monday, July 02, 2007

Aloha Oi'

Well, I think it is time we finally announced that we are moving~

Yes you read right! We are leaving this beautiful island!!

and it is HARD!

I know I had to write to the paper, and I made Hawaii sound like a drug infested wasteland....but i assure you...that is NOT.

It has just gotten out of hand recently, and unfortunetly it happened to move right into our neighborhood park.

add that to the "con" list

BUT....with that said....we are heading back to the "mainland" to North Carolina!

Thanks to my mom and step dad....they have made us an offer we can't refuse! Plus with Sammy starting school, it just seemed like the right time.

The kids and I are leaving on Aug 3rd!

But first we will be stopping in Virginia to visit my mom, step dad, my brother, friends, nieces and nephews, and our wonderful church "Grace Baptist"~

Sammy is SUPER excited that he is going to see his cousins!!!

and Brad and I are.....

well....scared, excited, nervous, depressed, anxious, happy, stressed all come to mind.

just pick one!

We fluctuate.

It is a big step we are taking, but we honestly believe it is the best thing for our family.

It's going to be hard to leave.......

Especially having to leave 2 of the most wonderful loving people... Popo and Papa.

Speaking of them..

They are NOT taking it well.

My dad denies that I am leaving, and Jane can't even talk about it.

It's been crazy.

I think the hardest part is knowing that they won't just be...

"right down the hall".....

Lord knows they were my saving grace on way more than one occasion when I needed a BREAK from the kids! *blushes*

As far as the kids go...

I have told/explained to Bug we are moving and going to a "new house", and he gets real excited....

excited about going to school, seeing Matthew, having a backyard...

but

he also doesn't understand just how much we are leaving behind.

He will....

he's a smart cookie~

and I pray for the strength to help him adjust.

He is VERY VERY VERY close with his Popo and Papa.....so it may take some time.

However....

finally we will be closer to more family and friends..

but

BOY will we miss it here as well!

I know whatever choices or decisions we make, we will have God to guide us, and I pray for His strength on a daily basis.

It is what keeps me going.

TTFN~ (or I'll cry) ha ha

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:23 PM

    awww. it will be okay! You will see! And if not..just move back! :-) right?

    See you in Aug!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete