Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Still waiting for answers...

I am becoming VERY familiar with the ER here.

Brad has now had 4 episodes resulting in a trip to the ER.

Only to be released some 5 hours later with a "follow up with your doctor as soon as you can" and not so much as an I.V

If you know Brad at ALL....you would know how rare this is.

In 10 years I have known him...he has been to the doctor's exactly once....

for a KIDNEY stone.

Here is where we stand...

O.K We have ruled out:

diabetes
high blood pressure
high cholestrol
hyper-thyroid
tumors
indigestion
certain cancers
anemia
dehydration
and more.

We have had:

CAT scans
X-rays
blood work of every kind
EKG's
EEG's
complete physical
urine tests
and more.

His symptoms are:

heart palpatations
shaking
difficulty breathing
neck and upper back pain
a feeling of disconnection from his body
tunnel vision
on and off "rush" feelings
fatigue

After doing some research on WebMd I have come to my OWN conclusion ( to be backed by several others sharing their experiences with me...HUGE THANKS) that it must be anxiety.

It sounds so menial.

But it's not.

I mean....how can something that sounds so.....

easily diagnosed....

be missed by 4 ER visits...5 follow up visits.....and 5 regular visits to see if anything was wrong to begin with.

I know they had to rule other things out first....but how many times did they run the SAME blood work AFTER I told them it had already been done (and kept copies to give them each time)

Now I am NO dr. by ANY means.....

but I am mad.

I need my rock back....my strenth, my other half back.

He is slowly withdrawing....

feeling like he is going crazy because all the tests show nothing wrong. He thinks no one understands, or believes him. The doctors don't seem to care one way or the other. But...

I do.

But he doesn't believe ME.

Please pray for him,

and for the dr's we are going to see to discuss the possibility of it being this.

oh, and me.

We just want answers.

I just want him back.

2 comments:

  1. I would want answers too! Poor guy! I hope you find out soon what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))
    Men are like that they withdraw from everyone and it is really hard to get them to open up or at least trust that what their other half is trying to tell them is true. I hope Brad can understand that you really do care and are concerned about him. I'm here for ya girl and I hope you get some answers soon so you can have your rock back.
    Love and hugs
    Jude

    ReplyDelete