Friday, May 12, 2006

6 MONTHS OLD!!!!!

Holy Moly Macaroni! I can't believe my little girl is getting So big! She had her 6 mos well baby check today and is doing GREAT!!! She was right in the middle for everything!!! And Dr. Meyers (who by the way reminds me of the identical twin of Ben Stein) said that the most important question during this check up was if she was sucking her toes! LOL sucking her toes?? oh yeahhhh she does that! LOL He said it was to make sure that her hips and legs were o.k.
He also didnt seem at all concerned that McKayla was boycotting the solids. And said as long as she was nursing, and satisfied with that, there is NO reason to rush her eating...PLUS girls are supposeldy harder to get to eat than boys! ( I may have to second that since sammy took to eating like he was a starving child)
He also said this was the time to put her in her crib..no music...no bottle (not that she would take one)...nothing...wide awake at 8:30..and "close the restraunt" as he put it. Meaning that she did NOT have to eat every 2 hours through the night like she has become accustomed to doing! *Does the cabbage patch*
She got her 2 shots today...*of course I left...you DO know me by now right?* Of course I was right there after that second one to comfort her. (I am SoOO bad)
Anyway..she is 16 and a half pounds...26 and a half inches long..and her head measures 16 and three quarters!
My chub-o-la!! :)
Well...she is a tad fussy from the shots.....so I better go comfort the princess! :):):):)

*sigh*

I LOVE my kids!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I knew you would leave for the shots! I believe that girls are harder to get to eat. Proof being my 1 year old boy eats more than my 4 year old girl ever has! Boys are just monsters when it comes to eating!

    Looks like she growing fast! Yeah for a great 6 month check up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! She is big! I have to disagree with the doc on girls not eating cause Alaina ... she used to eat adult size portions when she was just a babe and could still outeat an adult any day. She was always starving for anything.. but Ava.. I have to remind her to eat.
    Don't worry about her not taking solids.. you know that all the studies say that breastfed babies have optimum results when excusively (sp??) breastfed for the first six months of life. She can stick to her oatmeals and cereals and breastmilk. :-) I don't think she's starving...considering her weight! :-) Ava weighs 17lbs and McKayla is already there!!! LOL
    Tell Sammy I said hiii!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Six months - how did the time go by so fast???

    LOL at her small head (Adam's at 4 months was 17.5 - the nurse measured, said "that can't be right" and re-measured then asked if he was a c-section LOL

    Too funny on the doctor asking if she sucks her toes! Adam grabs his but I don't think he'd want to suck on them - they are always sweaty eeewwww

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

    ReplyDelete