Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day!!

Mom of 2....that's me. This was MY first mothers day as a mom of 2. WHAT a DIFFERENCE A YEAR CAN MAKE! I love my life...my kids....my God.....and not in that order. *smiles*
It was a busy mother' day for me.
We got up, and went grocery shopping..(which generally takes about 2 hours as I shop for food that lasts us about 2 weeks)..*no, I am NOT like Sheri, and cook everything fresh and yummy..though i wish I had HALF her talent in just my pinky!* I buy and freeze! LOL

Anyway....after that I tried to put the kids down for a nap! (lotta good that did) Sammy laid there for about an hour and 20 min...Kayla slept for ...oh about ...30 min! LOL....just enough for me to fall alseep. Then she wanted to play. *sigh* How can you resist when they wake up so happy, and ready to play?!?! THEN we were off to look at new cell phone plan! GRRRR! Has anyone else done this?? looked at the million different plans out there....ALL of which the family plans run you no less than $70/mo (and thats IF you dont go over the 700 minutes your alloted to SHARE) and not to mention you have to see what they will give you free with activation ( of which you cannot sign any less than a 2 year contract) what kind of phones and what THEY charge (cause they are ALL different...EVEN if you go to the same store, different location) bastards..
Well we shopped...and shopped....
and shopped.
Grrrr...finally (after about 2 and a half hours) decided to STICK with T-mobile..and get new phones! *happy mothers day to me! LOL* My phone ROCKS! (but I wont bore you with that)

Anyway, had JUST enough time to RUSH home to get ready to make the reservations we made....at one of my fav places to eat..Stuart Andersons! o.k.....maybe not anymore... Hey, speaking of reservations.....


VENT: O.k What the hang are reservations for..if they make you wait another 65 min AFTER you made them?? We had reservations for 6:30 last night...and we weren't seated till 7:35!!! By the time we ordered, got out drinks, and appetizers...it was already 8:30. The kids were DONE! (we forgot Sammys Game boy)..Bangs her head on table....stupid, stupid me...***note to self NEVER FORGET THE GAME BOY***
Anyway..he hadn't had a nap..so he was beyond done...so I told Brad to get the meal to go...and I would take the kids home and get them settled..THEN we could eat our steak. So I leave...FINALLY at about 9:20 he pulls in (mind you S.A is only 6 minutes from our condo) We eat...cold...BURNT...nasty steak....oh yeah and the baked potato..which they forgot to put sour cream on....
BUT
The HUGE chocolate cake Brad brought made up for it all...*sigh* I DO love chocolate!
END VENT..


All in all, it was a nice Mother's day..just busy! HAAPY MOTHER"S DAY OUT THERE TO ALL THE MOMMIES, AND MOMMIES TO BE!!!

Anyway...Kayla is rolling over...*woot woot*
has started sitting up on her own *yay*..
and has 2 bottom teeth!
WHERE IS THE TIME GOING??
I'll post a pic of her sitting up on her own...and i'll try to get her teeth...she bites! LOL
Take care all!

3 comments:

  1. We have teeth too now! I think I need to get a Gameboy for Dominic for when we go out to eat. Never thought about that. That may just help us out if I can find him a racing game. He loves race cars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sure is growing up fast. Glad you had a good Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have you know, missy smarty pants, I have to shop weekly because if I shop every 2 weeks, I forget what I bought before and then end up throwing out so much food.
    Anyways enough defending myself LOL...
    Thanks for the note about game boy - I'll have to pick one up before Adam grows up LOL.
    WOO HOO on McKayla getting teeth, sitting up AND rolling over! what a big girl now! I am hoping Adam will sit up soon - he's close but no cigar LOL

    ReplyDelete