Thursday, February 08, 2007

Happy 6th Birthday Matthew!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I can't believe my little nephew is 6.

It seems like yesterday that I was called at work at about 8:30 in the morning saying my sister in law was in labor and had been admitted to Potomac hospital. I was there in 5 minutes. (having no children of my own at this time) and EXCITED.

My 1st birth experience....a real live newborn.....oh how fun.


Tell that to my sister in law kirsty.

She was NOT happy.
at all.
nope.
you wanted to duck for cover.

And of course naive, innocent me...."just breathe kirsty...it will pass" smiling the whole time and patting her hand....

if looks could kill

then..

the epidural.

She is back....

my sweet sister is back.


Then comes the time to push.

I didnt want to intrude so I was going to slip out.
wrong.

She was an angel and let me be there (actually I'm not sure she had a choice as the nurse told me to "grab her leg and hold it back"). but I thank her none the less.

Oh what an experience. One I couldnt have imagined in a MILLION years!

I held her leg, while her mom had the other one, and my brother had his head between his legs sitting down (no, he doesn't do well with hospitals and blood, and iv's..and...well you get the picture).


Out came Matthew.

the most beautiful baby boy in the world.

HAPPY BIRTHING DAY TO Kirsty....

and a

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

To MATTHEW!! I love you little man! I sure miss you!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment: