Saturday, February 10, 2007

What a day...what a day!

We were SO lucky that we got to take Sammy to his first football game!!

the cool thing...it's the pro-bowl

And the toppers...it's in Hawaii.

We won't be living here for much longer, so it's SOOOO awesome that we got to do this. It was quite a surprise I must say....

Brad came home yesterday and went online to price the tickets.

I looked over his shoulder ....my eyes bulged..

and I walked quickly away.

no way jose.

Well, about an hour and a half later, my dad gets a call from a buddy of his.

he has 3 tickets, the mayor didnt want to go, did he want them?

ummm.... hmm...do I really need to think about this?

my dad actually had NO idea Brad wanted to go.

He asks me to ask Brad, and I look at him dumbfounded like "are you serious?"

"we'll take them!"

Brad is estatic. He gets the tickets and then calls just about everyone he can think of to tell them to "guess what he has in his hands"

*shakes her head*

The man fell asleep with a huge grin on his face....and it wasnt from me! LOL

Anyway....we just got back.

And it was SOOOOO much fun!!!!!!

We left McKayla with Popo and Papa (HUGE THANKS guys!!)

and took Sammy for some much needed 2 on 1 time!

He absolutely LOVED it. He did not want to leave when we decided to cut it short at half time. He said (cross that...whined would be more accurate) "but I dont want to leave mom, I want to stay and watch the football"

Hello....do I sense a mini Brad in the making?!?!?!

I think his favorite part was the wave. It went around 4 times in a row and he tripped out.

the fireworks were also a hit...as was the crowds reaction to every fumble,touchdown, kick off and good catch! He loved the YAYS...and AHHHHHH's...and COME ON's.

All in all we had so much fun with him.

Hot Dog: $4.50
Dippin' Dots ice cream: $4.00
Malasada: $1.00
Bottled water: $3.50
Bus tickets:$10.00
Beer: $7.50/ea
Sammy's excitment and me being there to see it: 100% PRICELESS!!!!

Enjoy the pic's!

woot woot!~ We arrive!


Sammy starts right off with a malasada...mmmm...
"dad I'm still hungry how 'bout a dog?"


The game's about to start!

One of the many "weird" fans!


Hawaii's "American Idol"...Jasmine Trias singing the national anthem..
"Yeah Boyyyyyyyyy......Steeler's represent!
"Holla" it's the Steeler's defensive lineman Hampton, safety Polamalu, running back Parker, and another steeler man..I cant remember. lol We were pretty close to the field!

Daddy is SOOO excited!



Coin Toss?

Some hawaiian entertainment before the game officially begins!~
This is Sammy's "please can we stay and watch the game mom"

Off on the adventure of finding a bus (but thats a WHOLE 'nother story~!)


How cool of a day! Thanks again Popo and Papa for everything!

3 comments:

  1. How lucky about the tickets! You all sure looked like you had a great time. It must be so fantastic living in Hawaii. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO JEALOUSS!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooooooo coool! Looks like Sammy had a great time! (PS thanks for the butt shots LOL)

    ReplyDelete