Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday Funny (or not)

I got this in an email, and sadly enough I was familiar with every SINGLE one of them.....

familiar enough, people,....

that I'm sure if I dug hard enough I could find you a picture of me "back in the day" with most....if not..ALL...of these fashions, and/or tapes of these songs or shows...

on my beta or VHS of course..(huh? what's that a beta? NO...not a fish..a beta machine.

Anyway.....See how many YOU know...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You know you grew up in the 80's if:

1.) You've ever ended a sentence with the word "SIKE"..



2.)You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" and to the "Carlton"..



3.) You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom..



4.)If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock" (I used to love those little worker guys)



5.)It was actually worth getting up early on Saturday morning's for the cartoons..






6.) You wore a ponytail on the SIDE of your head...(*looks around the room avoiding all eye contact*)






7.)You got SUPER excited when it was "Oregon Trail" day in computer class at school..(and then again when you realized it could be added as an application on your facebook account *blushes*)






8.) You can sing all the things that go on a Big Mac (two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame-seed bun) ..anyone remember the record they gave out at one time?


9.) You played the game M.A.S.H (mansion, apartment, shelter, house..


10.) You wore a stonewashed Jordashe Jean jacket..and were proud of it...


11.) You ever pondered why smurfette was the only female smurf..




12.) You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets...


13.)You still sing 'We are the World' (I just sang this the other day...)LOL


14.) You used to (and probably still do) say 'What you talkin' 'bout Willis?'..


15.) You knew all the characters names and their life stories on 'Saved By The Bell,' The ORIGINAL class...


16.)You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates...


17.) You have ever played with a Skip-It..


18.) After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying 'I know you are, but what am I?'


19.) You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.


20.) You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot...


21.) You know the profound meaning of ' WAX ON , WAX OFF' ..


22.) You took lunch boxes to school...and traded Garbage Pailkids in the schoolyard....(guilty!)


23.)You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't even flinch when people refer to them as 'NKOTB' ..(my 1st concert was them, and then M.C Hammer *blushes*)


24.) You remember watching both Gremlin movies.... (no food after midnight, no water..)



25.) You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted. (shakes her head)...


26.) You ever owned a pair of "jelly" shoes.. ( i had 3 in different colors :))


27.) You remember 'I've fallen and I can't get up'...


28.) You wanted to be a Goonie....( I sooooooo did! lol)


29.) You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us...head-to-toe)..and totally thought you were "stylin"...


30.)You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac...( I remember him...but didnt like him at first)



31.)You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART...



32.) You just sang those words to yourself. :P
33.) You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets... (ohhhh sooo dangerous..LOL)
34.) You still get the urge to say 'NOT' after every sentence.


35.) You totally tight rolled your jeans... (ahem...josh)..


36.) You wore, or your mom wore a banana clip...


37.) You remember 'Where's the Beef?'...(commercial and then the game)..
38.)You're still singing "shot through the heart" in your head, aren't you! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are TONS more here...if you want to check it out.
Just a reminder that if you keep your clothes long enough EVENTUALLY they will be back in style and VALUABLE!
Ahhhhhhhhh....the good Ol' Days!
P.S Bucky Convington sings a great song that takes me back and makes me laugh...it's called "A Different World" ........ give it a listen some day.
TTFN, and have a GREAT & SAFE WEEKEND!

7 comments:

  1. These are fun to look at. 95% of those I remember or did. Especially Garbage Pail cards, banana clips, Jellys and slap bracelets. Sike and Sick still come out of my mouth. lol!!! I still have Slippery When Wet somewhere around here. lol Not mentioned but Fast Times at Ridgemont High is one of my fave movies along with all the Molly movies. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! I can relate to ALL of the them but Bon Jovi!! Weird!!! What a fun post. I feel...old...but hey, the NKOTB are BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm REALLY hating you on the Bon Jovi front right now. ;oP

    I'm *pretty* sure I did them all. IN fact, I had a pair of fluorescent jellies. LOL! Neon yellow neon, baby! :oP

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...Flash back central. I have forgotten about most that stuff, but thank you for bringing it back to me. Each thing made me think ogf a time in my life. How fun. A few even brought me to memories of us growing up TOO FUN. The good ol days. We miss you guys and may be paying you a visit next week. We were thinking may Tuesday. Tuesdays are tough days for us. Randy has not been feeling well lately, so we have been spending a lot of time at Scott, Steph, and Edgar's better environment for him to rest and they can do all his PT for him. Now that is is bouncing back we were thinking of taking a trip to see you all. I will be in touch hun. Love ya
    SMILE
    Kate, Randy, and Alek (Brainies)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it all!!!!!! Now I feel old!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, Foghorn Leghorn and slap bracelets! How quickly we forget! I remember all these things, lol. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

    I'm so glad I was able to get in here. The last few times I've tried I've not been able to get your page to open.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! LOL Took me back....WAY back...and I remember EVERY one of them!

    ReplyDelete