Monday, April 07, 2008

Trip to the zoo.....

ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY! :)




We have been wanting to plan a trip to the N.C Zoo for some time now....and since the weather HAD been warm and sunny (78 degrees or so each day)....and my cousin Katie and her family (plus Randy's cousin Scott and his wife Steph and son) all talked about going....

we picked Sunday as the best day.

Can we say brrrrrrr.. :)

If you know me at all.....I HATE being cold. (hello,.. MOST of my life was spent in Hawaii)

HOWEVER....the funny thing is, with the company we had....the weather was the LAST thing on my mind! :) We had so much fun.

And with fun....comes LOTS of pictures. (here's your warning in advance) :)

First off..can I just say that I have NEVER in my life seen SO MANY pottery shops in one area....they sure weren't kidding when they posted signs. I think we passed about 150 on our way to the zoo....


We arrive...



and wait for Katie, Randy, brainy (their son), Steph, Scott and little juicy baby to arrive (you'll see why he is called juicy baby shortly) :)


Like I mentioned earlier...it was cold..(about 50F)...so while we waited...we warmed ourselves up..well....BUG stole my hot chocolate and warmed HIMSELF up..the little bugger.





Then we "monkey" around a bit near the entrance...



Bug makes a penny for his collection...


They arrive....


Time check....and we are off...



We have our trusty navigator....Sir Bug...


Drama Mama insisted on walking at first...


Which quickly led to this.....


Daddy's turn...hey Mr navigator.....daddy can't see :) :) This was one of my favorite pictures of the day!


Seals first....(bug, Katie, drama mama, and Brad)


Our "line" :P ....(minus the pink sweater lady LOL)


Little Brainy was teething...


Scott and Randy....these 2 cracked me up! Scott pushed Randy around the entire zoo, and if that wasn't enough....they were "joy" riding up and down the ramps...it was quite the site! :) LOVED it!


These baboons had to be my cousin Katie's favorite thing....she was simply fascinated! :)


They had this really neat mist/smoke tree....the kids loved it.


Drama mama loved the turtles and such...


Checkin out the frogs...


The only thing bad I had to say about the zoo, was the fact that there were't many changing tables.....so...we improvised..


The most positive thng I have to say about the zoo...was how wonderful the "free range" for the animals were....it seemed like we were on a safari at times! (my zoomed in shot)



Steph and her juicy baby...


We stopped to eat..





Juicy baby is eye balling that teether bisquit...it's like he is saying "yo brainy..pass that junks over here"


and we're off again....I won't even tell you what happened at lunch with Katie, Steph, and some random IGNORANT jerk who decided to steal their/our table... let's just move on shall we....


Bug and drama mama playing a game...


Here's a video of him reading the signs....he is SUCH AN AWESOME reader!


Bug being a pilot! :)...


This gorilla cracked me up...just sitting in his tub..


Bug is talking up a STORM to Katie! :) He really took to her.


There were SO many frogs....i totally love them...but now when I see one, I think of Hannah...so....this was for Hannah! :)


Fish anyone?


The color of this bird was INCREDIBLE!


JUICY BABY!! Next time I want to get my hands on him. HE was sooo adorable!


Bug and his blue/purple lollipop he got... since the entire time we were here.. all he wanted to see were the giraffes, and get his face painted so he could be one (they opened a new section so they had face painters there that day)...but not only was the giraffe exhibit CLOSED....we missed the face painters by about 15 min. grrrr...BUT he was awesome!


At the end of the zoo, they offer you a shuttle/tram ride back to the entrance/parking lot...


I DID manage to snag a sleeping and exhausted brainy from his mom, while she held juicy baby, while Steph got the stroller..



The car ride home....kayla was OUT, and bug was seriously fighting it!



The whole time home, and even after we got home....I heard "mom that was the best day ever" and "mom that was a great day" and "mom, thank you for that great zoo"...

YUP BUG, I HAVE TO AGREE...THAT WAS A GREAT DAY!

p.s Katie and Randy have had some wonderful news regarding the blood work they have had done since Randy's transplant of his brother stem cells.....CHECK IT OUT HERE if you are interested!... and drop them a note of encouragement if you can! :)

TTFN!~

6 comments:

  1. We had the best day ever too Bug. Thanks so much for such a wonderful time. We miss you guys and cannot wait to get together again soon.
    SMILE

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a lot of fun! I was just starting to worry since I hadn't seen any posts from you on the board. Glad that you are OK!

    The kids are SO cute! Your zoo looks so much nicer than our zoo! But it is a touch warmer here...so I guess I'll take what I can get! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great time! Love all the pics! We are waiting to renew our zoo membership till its offically warm again! lol I specifically avoid doing things with the kids in the cold because of the complaining! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I came, I read, I enjoyed, and I FORGOT to comment!

    What a fun day you had! I LOVE the zoo! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those photos! How fun was that day? I love making memories! And that last photo of Bug - WOW he looks so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...love the pics...thanks for sharing...sorry I haven't been by in a while.. :-)

    ReplyDelete