Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Short-N-Sweet

A quick update on the fun we have been having in the yard...plus a few garden shots...
Quick video....


Bug and Drama Mama refilling our "Hannah" pond....

My hand hurts from squeezing the trigger mom.....


Yummmmmmmmy!



The pond almost full.....


Full...with a few plants added for our little rascal friend....(we'll add more later)


A few befores (in case you didn't know we are removing all the plants INSIDE the fence and replanting all new grass, so the kids have a YARD to play in!)


and where they went...(all in a pile)..



to here....(upper side)


and here...(Brad built me this...we had SO many to transplant!!)


My garden....growing slowly, but surely....



FOR MY MOTHER:
this is out back.....


in the front:

i wish you could truly SEE the purple in this flower...i wish i knew what it was...

the roses are coming in..there are SOOO many buds on this one...


Does Bug have the life or what? He said he was "on break"...


HUGE thanks to my dear sweet husband who SHOCKED me with flowers, a card, and a romantic candlelit dinner (he prepared!!!) after the kids were tucked into bed...I had NO idea he was doing this...I was so busy with homework and the kids....
I leave you with this rag-a-muffin....
smile....so someone will wonder what you have done! :)
TTFN!~

7 comments:

  1. Love the pics! That hand hurts picture is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pic's! The kids are so big and cute, cute, cute!

    The yard looks great. What a lot of work you both have done. I appreciate the care that you are giving the plants. I just love all the flowers ... sure wish I was there to enjoy them!

    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a LOAD of yardwork ya'll have there!

    The kids are delicious! (As always. ;o))(LOVIN' Kayla in that last one. :oP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! What a gorgeous yards. All of a sudden it makes me strangely homesick for my moms' backyard. It is gorgeous - just the place that you would want to sit with a cup of coffee for awhile. Cute kiddos!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job, BRAD! You go boy! :-)

    The pics are all great..thanks for sharing!

    :-)

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous place you have to call home! Such great times and memories for your family. Love the treat from Brad, sounds like a wonderful life! You are blessed. I just love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That (the blue flower), my friend, is an iris; we have a number of them because it's my sorority's flower and they're lovely. I'm a goober like that. They do really well around ponds. It's a bulb, so a perennial, and will keep coming back. If memory serves, it, like tulips, daffodils, and crocuses (croci?) like bonemeal in the fall.
    Let us know the next time you're in VA! We'd love to see y'all!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete