Monday, August 25, 2008

1st day of 1st Grade...

As you can tell he is VERY excited to go...I think mostly to show off his "speed racer" shirt and shoes....(he picked them out himself and had a hard time deciding between this shirt and a Super Mario shirt....in then end he went with the shirt that matched his shoes...LOL...now he says "I'm a full speed racer and no one can stop me right mom?")


*sigh* I just can't believe it!


I am a ball of mixed emotions right now! I am so excited for him. SUPER proud. very nervous. kinda nostalgic. kinda anxious. hmmmmmm... and a few more I can think of, but won't bore you with.
(walking into school)


I am sad too. Because he is a "boy" now. Not my little boy. Now a true..."dont coddle him" kinda little man. hehehe Did mention that I am so proud??


Did you know he actually asked me to DROP him off. "Mom, I know where it is, and I am in 1st grade now so I can do it"

"so....you don't want me to come with you to your classroom?"

"no thanks...I can do it"

long pause.... small voice...(mine)

"but what if I wanted to go with you....would that be o.k?"

he rolls his eyes...like SERIOUSLY ROLLED HIS EYES at me.

"o.k mom"

"thanks Bug....tomorrow you can do it all by yourself.....I just want to walk with you on your first morning"

*shakes her head*


Ah well......(:P)....I better let my little bird fly....(:D)


A bonus video on my little drama mama....enjoy!~


TTFN!~

4 comments:

  1. Awwwweeee .... you took words right out of our mouth. Our "little" boy is NO long "little" ...
    He is a Big boy now ... Boo Hoo Hoo! I'm so sad that we are not there to see him grow ...
    But he sure looks good!!!!!
    And thanks for sharing the bonus video ... the Cutie Purr Tootie ....
    Love you all ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting that he started first grade!! You must be so proud... and wow what a big step for him ( and you!!) big hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! First grade already. Goes quick, doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pics! Did he go full day last year in Kindergarten? They do here but I didn't know about elsewhere. So funny about showing off his speed racer shirt and shoes.

    ReplyDelete