Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Check, Check and Check.....


Hard to believe that the years are flying by!
Bug will be 6 this Sunday, and I don't think I have ever seen a kid more excited about his birthday than he is! :)

I have SO much to do, and so much to plan....especially since we have decided to do a home party, (on the 11th) and I will have to keep 13 kids preoccupied for 2 hours.
fun fun.

So...this is what I have so far....

Invitations.....CHECK....

Now, allow me to brag a bit if you will......because I am so incredibly PROUD of my son, my heart bursts with love.
This year since we have decided to have an all out "party"....I asked Samuel if he would mind if the guests brought gifts for children that have nothing...instead of birthday gifts for him...
(now.. before you get all "WHAT? You mean mom, that's his BIRTHDAY!" like my DH did at first.....hear/read me out)
He WILL be getting PLENTY of gifts to open....between my husband and I, his grandma and grandpa, Nana and Uncle Tony, and Popo and Papa (not to mention his aunt and uncle)....he will have MORE than enough.
Besides....I feel like he has plenty of "stuff" as it is, there isn't a lot he wants anyway, and, what fun is it to watch someone open like 45 gifts?
Well, Guess what?
He didn't even hesitate to say "yes"....
side note: now, if he had said "no" I would have been o.k with it.... since I understand it is HIS birthday, and he IS a child....
But he didn't...in fact he got so tickled thinking of how it would be, and the kids/families faces when we dropped everything off....that he wanted to go through some of the stuff he already has and give it to them as well.
I think it's because we have done things like this before and have talked about it.....so he is very familiar with the fact that people reach hard times and need some help.
Well, after asking him where he would like to help out the most, we thought of all the people that have lost homes, or had to leave everything behind because of a bad situation, called the Red Cross, and were referred to Interact....after a few phone calls, we manged to get hold of the director and talk to her about our plan. She was all for it! :)
I double checked with Bug to make sure he was O.K with it, and we decided to write on the invitations:
I only hope it is well recieved among the guests....I am not sure how they are going to feel about it.
Anyway...on to the rest of the party planning...

Mario Party Supplies....CHECK..
Pinata....CHECK...
Games......CHECK, CHECK, and CHECK...
If you are familiar with Super Mario Bros. than you will recognize most of the names in the games. (altered to fit our theme)...

We will start the party off with a Yoshi's Egg Hunt. This is a game that follows along the same lines as your regular Easter Egg Hunt, but instead of candy in the *speckled* plastic eggs, there are gold coins (plastic of course) similiar to those that Mario collects as he bashes blocks. There is a point to the coins as you will find out.

After that is over and done with we will move on to the "Get the Goomba"....which is where I will fill up brown balloons with 1-3 coins and blow them up, and the kids will run and pop them, collecting the coins as they go.
Next i think we will have a little free play, and snacks......and then it will be time for cake and ice cream (also made in the Mario theme...I wish I were as talented as some of my girls on BBC who have taken classes!)....
After the cake and ice cream we will do the pinata...which is filled with Toys, and Candy.
And then last but not least....we will go on a "Save Princess Peach" hunt, where the kids will have to follow clues to finally find and rescue her....collecting coins as they go.
When all is said and done, they will turn/trade their coins in for Gold Stars....10 coins=1 gold star
Then you trade the stars in for goodies.
Now...I know how parties can be...and I know how kids can be.....so this is just an IDEA of how I would like it go. We'll see how it really does go ! :)
Well, I better get my butt off of here, and get crackin' on some of the game stuff.
Love to all!~
P.S Miss and LOVE you baby!

7 comments:

  1. Sammy's party sounds like it's going to be tons of fun! Good luck. I think your idea of donating gifts is so generous- way to go guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like fun baby! let me know how it goes! Just kidding cant wait to see you guys. Miss you tons.
    Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOT! WOOT! We wish we could be there! Sounds like you have everything under control.
    I cannot wait to hear and see all about it on the blog.
    My Goodness! 6 years already!!!!!
    That's our boy!
    Kudos to both Mommy & Sammy about the gifting to the most unfortunate. Bless you all!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a precious boy! That is so sweet that he is redirecting gifts to charity, wow. Amazing. Have FUN with all the planning (and partying :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww that is awesome he is willing to donate his gifts and then some!

    the party sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so sweet. That boy of yours is TOO TOO wonderful! :o)

    Happy birthday to the Bug! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW< GO SAMMY!!! I am so proud of you!! You are going to help out so many people!! you should feel so happy with yourself!! I wish I had thought of that too!! I know Ava would probably do it as well!!
    Way to go MOM!!! It sould like a well planned out really cool party!! GREAT GAME IDEAS, YOU GO GIRL!!! Super Mario was my favorite game!!! Have a wonderful day Sammy!! love you guys!!
    Love Tera

    ReplyDelete