Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Mothers Instinct

I thank God for it every day! I knew last night when Drama Mama woke up around 11 crying and asking for water that something was wrong. But not wanting to be the Drama Queen I can be...I made myself wait until morning to call the advice nurse...not really thinking I should bring her in just for them to tell me it is a virus and has to pass on it's own (after all the child has been there more times in the last 3 months than in her WHOLE life (between the anal strep, ringworm, stomach virus, and nursemaids elbow (long story, another time).....well around 8 I call to schedule her an appt, since she has declined her morning dry cereal (OMG!) and chocolate. (milk) And I see she just isn't right.

They see her at 9:40.

It's strep.

throat this time.

nice.

Anyway my point to the title was this is one of MANY times I was told I should let it ride out and instead followed my own instinct and brought her in to be seen by a Dr. anyway.

At least we caught it fairly early, and it saved me from a night of misery as her temp soared to 104.8.

I am still waiting for it to break, and giving her tylenol every 4 hours.

My poor little "baby girl" (as she insists on being called...seriously!)

Love to all, and hope to report better news in the coming days!

P.S Bug is doing great so far in school...granted it IS only the second week. I am so proud! :P

6 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry about your baby girl! No fun! Glad you hear your little bug is enjoying school though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow poor peanut. I will pray tht darn fever breaks soon. I am so glad you got to spend some wonderful time together with your family. Tell Brad we say hi and are thinking of him. I hope everything works out just perfect for you guys. Miss you all and glad Bug is doing well at school!!
    SMILE

    ReplyDelete
  3. My poor little baby doll. And poor Mommy-O .... It must be those chocolate cakes that she wolf down on the buffet line ... licking the bowl and all .... hahaha! That is probably where she made first contact .... lol...
    I hope she will get well soon ...
    Love ya,
    Popo

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWW!! FEEL BETTER BABY GIRL!!! and GO MOMMY, for following your instincts!! There have been MANY time I have been in the same boat!! Sometimes it ends up something and sometimes nothing but I'd rather be safe then sorry!!! So you go girl!!!

    Miss you and if you do plan a trip please let me know the second it's planned so I can plan one as well!!Love and kisses to all.

    P.S. GO BUG!! Keep up the good work and if mommy does head this way there may be a little reward for you, and a small one for baby girl of course, I don't want to leave anyone out!!

    P.S.S Hi Brad, hope your doing well!!
    Love and miss you all!
    Tera

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man I have missed a lot! I hope Kay Kay feels better soon! Way to go Sam ...you are growing up!

    Thanks again for the bear bubbles...she LOVES them. :-)

    ReplyDelete