Saturday, October 18, 2008

Bug's 1st sleepover!!!


Can you believe it?!?!



eeeeeeeeeek....he is getting SO big....

now let's see if he actually stays the night.

Last night he came into my room about 25 minutes after we said goodnight, and started crying saying he was going to miss me too much, and that I would miss him as well! LOL
So I explained that even though we would miss each other, I would see him in church the next morning, and that part of being a big boy was being able to spend the night at his friends house without his mommy there. I also told him that if he needed me to, I would go and get him. I think he should feel safe and comfortable regardless of if I have to get him at 10'oclock tonight. He needs to know I will be there no matter what. I am hoping that will help build his confidence and independence.....though it is also hard on me WATCHING him grow up!

Anyway...I'll let you know how it went tomorrow!

BBFN....bye bye for now (Bugs new favorite saying)

edited to add: UPDATE: Bug spent the ENTIRE night there, and only called me 3 times to tell me he missed me...I am SO proud of him! Though at church the next day, he refused to go to sunday school, choosing instead to sit through the service attached to me! (i think he may have missed me..huh grandpa!?) LOL.....He had a great time, and though it was a little too quiet for me...I am so proud of this step that he has taken, and look forward to "2 nights when I'm 7..right mom?"....
we'll see Bug...we'll see! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Bugga Boo ... You gotta tell Popo ALL about it on your 1st sleep over with your friend! I'll bet you had lots of fun. Popo do miss your sleep over here while you were still a baby, even though Mommy and Daddy were just down the hallway. I can't wait to see you. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh..I am so excited to hear if he stayed all night. I totally remember calling my mom to come get me at my first one, second one, third one, well you get what I am saying I was such a home body. Although Like Popo was saying I LOVED staying at my grandma's that was okay for me........Eager to hear how it went
    Love you guys
    SMILE
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...how cute! :-) He's stayed with Matthew before without you right? Is this his first ever sleepover or first non-family sleepover?

    ReplyDelete