Friday, October 10, 2008

Cake Fiasco!!

I can NOT believe how hard it is/was to try and find someone/somewhere to do a Super Mario Cake! I had no idea that it was so involved as far as copyrights go and such!

Well, Pooh to them!

A friend of mine (THANK YOU JOY!!!!) from church (she is also the one that has a daughter "Angelina Ballerina" that I watch during the week) is a CRAZY TALENTED cake person and I had totally forgotten about checking with.!

Well when she came to pick up Angelina the other day she asked about Bug's party this Sat. And I poured out my frustration with not being able to have a cake to match the theme (not that its the end of the world or anything...but come on!) so.....




She offered to make his this fabulous ICE CREAM Mario Cake!!!!!!!
From SCRATCH!!
She uses a "Wilton's" frosting and Sam got to pick out the cake mix (o.k so its not COMPLETELY from scratch)....and guess what the goober chooses....check out THIS combo!

a "Funfetti" cake


and

a Fudge Swirl ice cream for the middle (two layers of cake sandwhich it)


Sounds ummmmm......

interesting Bug!

You KNOW I will have pictures of that! I can't wait to see it myself. :)

So a word to the wise out there.....if your child is a little "out of the norm" with the theme they choose for their party...my advice is start looking for a cake at least 2 weeks in advance...and GOOD LUCK! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment