Tuesday, February 26, 2008

UPDATE:

Bug is doing MUCH better.. and I would honestly say....is back to his old self.

Though we were under orders to keep him "low-key" for the next 4 days.....

it was IMPOSSIBLE.

Not only had he been cooped up and laid low for 4 days already.....but his sister hadn't seen or played with him either....

so THAT combination....

didn't work.

Yesterday, he was impossible to keep in one spot, and had to be reminded every 10 minutes that he was supposed to be resting on the couch.

yeah right.

:) :)

You won't hear ME complaining though. I would take this over the way he was last week ANY day!!

Anyway.....he is still doing treatments from a nebulizer every 4 hours, and is on antibiotics. (omnicef)...

He got to go to school for a half a day today. I think he had mixed feelings. He certainly was excited to go and see all his friends, and tell them about his "adventure"....

but he also wanted to stay home and continue to recieve all the attention he was getting!~ :)

I love this child~ :)

Anyway...things are settling back down, and we are SO grateful for that.

Hope all is well in YOUR household. May it be filled with plenty of love and blessings.~

KATIE UPDATE:

I have had emails and a few calls asking how my cousin Katie and her husband Randy are doing. So far, things are going well. They have already done the transplant of stem cells and what-not from his brother, and though he is running a slight fever....he continues to be a trooper. We are so PROUD of him and Katie for the way they have handled this situation.
They are hero's in my eyes.
I don't think I have heard them complain ONCE about the trials they face....
and it can be SO easy to play the blame game and wallow in self pity....
NOT THEM.
They inspire.
If you want the details or want to follow more closely what they are doing....here is the link to their blog....leave a comment if you can...I'm sure they would be thrilled knowing there are others praying and caring!
Ya'all ROCK!~

FUN QUIZ

Sabrina asked this on her blog, and here are my answers....

HOW OFTEN DO YOU?

Pay bills and balance the checkbook? As they come...and I don't ( i know, I know)

Exercise? Is chasing after a 2 year old considered excercise? If not, NEVER.

Buy Milk? 2 half gallons of Organic, once a week

Go grocery shopping? Every two weeks for major stuff, once a week for stuff I forgot :)

Clean the Fridge? When something spills, or it gets over crowded

Recycle? All the time!!!!

laundry? every other day (mon-sheets, wed-kids clothes, fri-our clothes, sat/sun-towels)

Iron? No ironing. Isnt that what the dryer is for? LOL

Clean the bathroom(s)? weekends

Vaccuum the carpets? Every day...

Sweep the floors? every other day

Mop the floors? weekends

Wipe down countertops? After Every meal.

Cook a meal from scratch? 3-4 times a week

Eat Out? Wed nights before church, and maybe on fri too.

Clean the windows? when I need to

Dust the furniture? weekends

Organize closets or other areas? Whenever I can find the time, when there is NO kay-kay

Want to strangle your kids? ummm...i plead the fifth. LOL

That was fun....go ahead and answer on your blog too. It's great to learn new things about each other!
Have a great day!~

3 comments:

  1. GLad to hear Bug is better! Kids are hard to keep resting - I always hated that when I was little. It's a good sign though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that bug is feeling better!!!!! And it is great to hear that katie and her hubby are doing well too.

    I was looking at your live traffic feed, and I pop up as coming from Valparaiso, IN!!!!!! That is so weird since I am outside of Chicago!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a relief to know the Bug is feeling so much better. You have all been in my heart and prayers--Katie and Randy too!

    Thank you for the updates. :o)

    ReplyDelete