Saturday, July 15, 2006

One HELL of a night... (thurs)

leads into one HELL of a day! (fri)

I was nearing my breaking point yesterday. Haven't been that close in a LONG time.

Thank God for prayers and my step father Cody!~~

I dont know what happened. Mckayla was acting kinda fussy and pullin at one of her ears...so I thought I would take her into Kaiser to see Dr Meyers cause it's better safe than sorry right?...........

wrong

It was like, that set off an avalanche of disaster.

When we got there...we waited. He came in about 10 minutes later and we talked about what was going on. He said he thought I may be right and would take a look. Well it turns out she is 1 in 10 kids that has "tiny eardrums"...Which meant that he did not have a scope small enough to see into her ear....her canal was SO SMALL. The only way they would be able to tell for sure is if they sent her to Moanaloa and they insert a pin scope.

Well...since she wasnt acting THAT bad...and i thought it may have to do with teething anyway...I decided NOT to go and have it done. (The drive and the stress for her wouldnt have been worth it.) So he says we are going to play it safe and writes her a script for an antibiotic and gives her ear drops and tells me to give her over the counter Motrin. Not Tylenol. He prefers Motrin. And not just infants Motrin but CHILDRENS...o.k

heres where I have my beef...she is used to infants tyenol. I give her that when her teeth seem to really be bothering her. She gets .8 ml of that per her weight. He Prescribes Childrens motrin....I double checked with the pharmicist (figuring I know they make and infants and she is only 8 months) and she agrees with him. I am also flabbergasted at the AMOUNT of Motrin they want me to give her. 4 ml.

4 ml???

Thats like 6 times the amount of tylenol i give her...and dont forget this is childrens not infants motrin. BUT....They are dr's so they must know what they are doing right?

yeahhhhhhhhhhhh......


wrong...

again.


We get home and I decide to follow dr's orders and give her the (holy moly) 4 ml. of Motrin.

Within 30 minutes she was screaming bloody murder. She was regurgitating and her tummy kept gurgling. She screamed...

and screamed

and screamed.

From 7 pm that night till ( I kid you not) 10:30. Screaming.

Poor baby...NOTHING was making her happy. She wouldn't nurse (and when she wont even do that...you KNOW something isn't right)...didnt want to be held...screamed louder when you put her down....and no toy was going to distract her.

Brad was crying right along with her.

make that 2 babies.

He didn't know what to do..and he HATES that. He doesnt understand how I can just hold her and have her cry. (what else am I supposed to do?)

Well she FINALLY cries/screams herself to sleep. Waking every ..oh hour and a half to 2 hours.

skip forward to friday

get up (tired as anything)...make Sammys breakfast..get him ready for preschool...which up to this point he is LOVIN! It's water day so I grab his swim suit and towel.

Kayla wakes up....

screaming.

Now when I say screaming I don't just mean crying loudly....I mean like she is in so much pain she cant stand it.

I dose her (1/2 the amount they tell me to give her)...and stick her in the stroller and off we go to Sammy's school. Kayla screaming the WHOLE way (about a 15 min walk) I go to drop Sammy off......

he starts screaming (Kayla is calm at this point distracted with all the kids)

"I don't like school Mommy...wanna go home with youuu"

So for 10 minutes I stand there trying to pry him off my leg so I can leave....No such luck

and do any of the teacher's on the playground come and help me..

uhhhhhhh No.

Another 10 moinutes go by....Kayla is starting to fuss and go into her high pitched whine ( I know I have about 3 minutes before a total meltdown) I look frantically for a teacher....
no one

Suddenly my hero...Ms Donnie.....Sammy's teacher... see's me in distress and grabs Sammy telling him they are going to go clean the pool and he is her special helper. He struggles crying at first.

I run.

It was run.
Or stay and cry right along with the kids! LOL

no...seriously.

So...Kayla SCREAMS her way home till she finally falls into an exhausted sleep. I take the opportunity and catch a few winks myself....

Anyway ...to make an ALREADY long story short...... she screamed ALL day (hello white hairs)

Popo and Papa were supposed to give me a relief period but that didnt happen....bug DID get to spend the night there. He was happy to have Jane all to himself.

It's Saturday now.....all I can do is shake my head and pray for the sanity I once had to come back.

If you happen to see it out there....let it know I'm searching for it!

Reward: priceless!

4 comments:

  1. OMG that is an insane amount of Motrin! My sis is a pharmasist I'm going to ask her about it right away and let you know!

    Adam was a crab the last couple of days - he was up crying every hour last night too (is there a full moon?)

    I am sending you HUGE HUGS! I hope this weekend is better! I'll let you know what my sister says about the motrin!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I called you last night. Hope things are going better today. Boy am I tired! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually depending what she weighs that is probably the right amount. I give Damien 3/4 tsp or about 4 ML of Tylenol and Motrin now since we've ran out of the infant stuff. He's about 22-23 lbs. The infant crap is way too much money so I buy the Equate Generic Childrens stuff. I'm wondering if since it was Motrin if you didn't feed her and that had an effect on her tummy hurting. Remember alot of meds they say to take with food even though the bottle might not say to. I've been giving Damien a TSP of Amoxil for his ear infection recently and I keep forgetting his night dosage so I give it to him in the middle of the night. Feel so bad about doing it on probably an empty stomach but he seems ok with it.

    I hope things are alot better tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be in the air! McKenna was horrible on Saturday. I finally took her to my neighbors next door and they have three girls (my usual babysitters) and we played over there for a couple of hours. It's such a God send to have such great neighbors, they didn't bat an eyelash and didn't make me feel like a horrible mom or anything, it helped, she still was whiney, but much more bearable than the boo hooing she was doing at home. It's so hard when they hurt and you don't know why. I think McKenna must be teething and is having a hard time with it. I'm glad McKayla is better! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete