Sunday, July 09, 2006

Welcome Gus! The newest member of the family!

Well.... ok

I did it....

The one thing I said I swore to myself I wouldn't do.

(because who gets to clean up after it? Not the 3 year old...or the 8 month old or even the 34 year old for that matter!)


I got Sammy a pet.

*smacks her head* rolls her eyes *Smacks her head again*

grins! :) :) :)



Ah well........ everyone I would like to introduce Gus!




He is a great little guinea pig.

Sammy loves to say..."Mommy..gus wants me"

He also loves cucumbers and carrots. I'm tellin you this guinea pig is livin' large!


o.k....HUGE note to self......

Guinea pigs have no bladder control and WILL pee at will.

I say this as my clothes are being washed for the 3rd time. YES the bugger got me 3 times already!

Oh yeah...and another note:


pets smell.

no matter the size.

So Gus has moved to our lanai and enjoys his days in the cool hawaiian breeze. (notice the black and gold hanging proudly in the background lol)



I think i can safely say Gus will be our last pet ......

then again...I say a lot of things! LOL

to be continued.......

4 comments:

  1. Kristi Ann! Make sure you're not using Cedar! I can't tell if that's pine or cedar but we use nothing but shredded paper for Vinnie. Yes he pees all over our bank statements and personal information. LOL Look it up online but they are saying Cedar is now bad for rodents. You'll love your pig! Vinnie is my favorite pet around here! Very low maintence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gus is cute! A rodent, but cute!

    J wants a new pet "for Jana," but of course he wants a lab puppy. I think not!

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaaaaaawwwww! Gus is cute! Enjoy him (and his pee) it's all fun and games until little Gus goes to piggy heaven and you get to explain that to two heart broken kids! I'll always remember my parents trying to explain things when our hamster died .... sorry I'm such a downer LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gus is very cute! He will be a great first pet!! I had a hamster once. I used paper with it too. Much cheaper than the bedding stuff! And as Sabrina pointed out, a great way to get rid of that personal information!!! It could be worse, you could have picked a dog or a cat or another animal that you have to pay much more attention to!!!!

    ReplyDelete