Saturday, January 06, 2007

NO MORE TOYS!

It is amazing how much toys you can collect. We have everything. And if that breaks...don't worry we probably have double. LOL

I have filled 3 massive black bags full of them.

.....Tumble time Tigger, computer games, remote control cars, books, baby toys.....

the list goes on. I wish there was an orphanage or somewhere I could take them that would REALLY like them.

I mean Goodwill is fine and all, and I HAVE taken lots of stuff there before...but I think they charge too much for what people give them, for other people that may need them. (was that confusing?)

I have taken all my maternity stuff to a catholic charity that I knew housed homeless pregnant woman, and it had them do chores and good deeds to earn coupons to "buy" stuff people donated. I thought that was really neat. Though these are mostly toys and a few shirts and shorts Sammy has outgrown. I want to give them to kids that don't have toys. Any idea's?

Well, I better get back to the chore....I can't believe how long it is taking me! Of course having 2 MONSTERS ooohing and aaaahing over toys they had NEVER paid attention to before and mixing my piles up was no help!~ LOL Though it was fun! And Sammy got a kick out of trying to give away all his toys (seriously!) to the kids that are "sad cause they dont have any." He wanted to leave and go drop them off as soon as we packed the 1st bag. And he hasnt stopped asking me to leave ever since!! He keeps saying "Come on mom, can we go give these toys to the kids now...they are sad.. hurry" or "Is it time yet to go mom? The kids are waiting for us" It is nice to know he is so worried about other people! I love seeing these traits come out in him!

*sigh*

I am the luckiest mom in the world! (though I am SURE a bunch of you beg to differ! LOL :o))

P.S. I am doing much better since the previous post. Nothing has changed but I have had my cry, and it's a new day. :o) So thank you ALL for your touching emails and comments letting me know I am not the only one in this world that feels like this!~

Woe is me...as my mom used to say! The pity party is OVER! :o) haha (for now)

3 comments:

  1. If you learn of a place to take the toys, please let me know!!! I have many tubs of toys that I need to dispose of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi Ann- I now understand how people accumulate so many toys as kids get older. We have too many and she's only 11 mos old! LOL

    I, as well, have a hard time giving to Goodwill anymore. Someone told me once and I dont' know if it is true, but that Goodwill makes a ton of money for the founder (millions) and I don't think that is right. If I were you, I would look into any homeless shelters, soup kitchens, etc. The other place I might think of would be a non-profit daycare for low income families (churches, etc). Also, any foster care organizations.

    We have a place here that doesn't charge people who come in who need things and that is who I give to. I don't feel good about someone being charged for something I gave for free.

    I'm sorry you're still not feeling great. I was going to suggest doing something with your kids (volunteer or something) to help you feel good, but it sounds like you are with the toys. Then go do something for you. Let dh and grandpa (or someone) take the kids for the day (yes I said day) and go for a walk by yourself and treat yourself to lunch, maybe a pedicure or something. Recharge your battery babe! (((HUGS)))

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys!

    A homeless shelter would be PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete