Thursday, January 04, 2007

Of all the things I miss.....

I miss my mind the most! ar ar

no, seriously.

I think I lost it right around the middle of Dec.

I need a break.

away.

away from everything.

I am at that point where if I don't get some time to myself (and I mean MORE than 1 or 2 hours..which is normally spent cleaning.) I am going to lose it.

I clean.

it gets dirty 5 minutes later.

I cook.

then I have more to clean.

And when my dear husband is kind enough to give me that hour alone in the tub for a good soaking, and the luxury of reading a book (my fav PAST time)....

it is normally interuppted with the escape artist Sammy (who comes when dad's attention is otherwise diverted with his sister...*oh oh...do I sense a mini-me in progress?* I am in trouble! ) who comes knocking (as loud as he can, scaring the beegees out of me and causing me to almost drop my book)

"MOM.....MOM....Can I come in?" (followed by another insistent rapping) *rolls her eyes*

"No Sammy...Mommy is busy"

"Whatcha doing mom? Can I come in?"

"No sammy...please leave mommy alone, I'll be out soon and we'll play"

*his bat ears pick up the sound of water*

"Are you taking a bath mom? huh? Can I take a bath with you pleeeeeeeaaassee" *knob jingles frantically*

*enter brad...who realizes Sammy is missing*

Brad: "sammy leave mommy alone,,,come out here and play"

Sammy: "nooooo. I wanna take a bath with mommy...MOMMYYYYYY..PLEASE can I take a bath with youuuu?"

*enter struggle between father and son...and then a bunch of bribing*

"wanna some crackers Sam?"

"NO"

"want to go to the park?"

"NO"

"want a cookie?"

"NO"

"want to watch mickey mouse clubhouse?"

"can I have a popsicle too?"

"ok"

*voice trails off* " I want a moon one...and can i watch the one with goofy sick? it makes........"

*sigh*

Oh...it doesn't end there. But I'll spare you the baby crying, and Brad throwing his hands up in the air saying "I guess they just want you babe...what do you want me to do?"

SO....

Sorry I got off on a tangent there......

no, but seriously....

I wish I had someone that understood.

DH doesn't.

My dad (papa) just laughs and says i should have 4 more.

Jane (popo) bless her heart, DOES take them for me (like last night..she was even kind enough to make them dinner...so Brad and I had 45 min to ourselves) but I know she is tired after a long day and doesnt want to try and manage 2 kids...and like i said I spent that MAKING us dinner...so there really was no "time".

I KNOW I chose to be a stay at home mom. I wouldn't CHANGE a thing....even if I COULD be driving a mercedes (as my dad likes to point out) We have to make sacrifices, and are happy to do so.

It's a full time job.

no sick leave...let alone a sick DAY

no vacation

No breaks

No one telling you what a good job you are doing (.....or not, for that matter......no wait...i have my dad for that)

I am just tired.

physically. mentally.

But who hasnt been there that has kids right?

*sigh*

stick a fork in me ya'all

cause I'm DONE!~~

7 comments:

  1. OMG! This happens to me almost daily when I try to go take a crap or am getting dressed. There's no alone time EVER here either. The men have no idea how hard it is to get any alone time. You need to get up around 4 AM just to get a few hours of it daily because you never know how long naptime is going to last each day.

    D tries to help out by taking on the boys when he comes home. He's mobbed at the door by 3 kids jumping all over him so he just tries to tend to them so I can finish dinner or whatever "kidfree" but I certainly wouldn't call that me time.

    As far as missing your mind, I believe being a SAHM causes the brain to revert back to childhood. lol I feel like I act and talk like a kid more than I did when I WAS a kid. Quoting cartoons, acting stupid to make the kids happy, playing with hotwheels and Barbie dolls. LOL I'm glad I have mom friends at the Girl Scout meetings a hour each week that I can retreat to and get away from it all and act like an adult but still that's only once a week.

    I won't eve start on the cleaning thing. I think I must pick up my front room lik 5-6 times a day and by the time D gets home it looks like we had a home invasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine how crazy and hectic it is with two because I feel like I never have a moment with one.

    I got up at 7:00 this morning just so I could shower some time before noon.

    Anyway, I totally understand and to be honest it is so nice to hear this out of someone else's mouth. :)

    Hugs,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand everything you have said here and I only have one child. Bob works long, long hours (yesterday he was gone at 6:30 a.m. and didn't get home until after 9 p.m.) and I alone all day with the baby. I also chose to stay home and I wouldn't trade it for the world but all the cooking, cleaning, child tending gets really frustrating. For instance, yesterday I finally had all the laundry done and then once we all got changed for bed and Bob dumped out his gym bag there is another load there. It is the same with dishes! And there are Cheerios all over my house where Ella sneaks them out and drops them all over.

    The most annoying and frustrating thing of all is when Bob gets home from work and asks me what I've done all day because it clearly looks like I haven't been doing all that much even though I do!
    Like Sabrina, naptime is a crapshoot in this house and I can't even count on that time to be alone!

    Too bad all the BBC girls couldn't go meet somewhere fun for a weekend (like NYC!). I know it is impossible due to geographic limitations not to mention being able to leave all our families, but it sure is a fun thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweetie, I know exactly how you are feeling!!!! I have been there many times. I have found that I need to make the time to be alone. I will look at Q after dinner and say "I am going to the store." and leave. I will get the groceries or other things needed for the house. I will purposely not get back until at least I know one kid is in bed. I also joined the bell choir at church that gets me out of the house without the kids once a week. I love playing the handbells and the people that I am playing with.

    Q doesn't get it when I just complain. If I want the true time to myself, I have to get out of the house without the kids. It may not always be the alone time that I would like for myself since I am still grocery shopping or something, but at least I am on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I HEAR YA!!!!!!!!! Some days being a mom is so overwhelming! The days when Adam won't let me pee without whining drive me crazy! That's usually the day when Shawn calls from work to tell me he's going out with the boys for a beer after "a long day"

    gggggggrrrrrrrr

    I am hoping the next flight to Hawaii to come take care of your babes so you can go for a walk on the beach, enjoy the sunset and just BE

    Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When are you guys going to try for the 3rd? LOL LOL LOL :-) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. bite me amber....lol

    when are you?

    ReplyDelete