Monday, February 13, 2006

"Where oh where are Sammy's shots?"

Well, he had all 4 in his legs! OUCH! O.K....hereeeee we go......

Thank goodness Popo took the time off of work to go with us. (I remember all to well the LAST time...so I chickened out, and invited Popo along!) The walk there was great...the weather was a little cloudy, but it was still about 78F out. Well, we get to Kaiser, and go to wait our turn. *insert mean mom* I won't let Sammy play at the little table they have set up in Pediatrics..why? Because he played there last time...touched everything, and then came down with a temp of 103..and was sick for 5 days!...he is not liking mommy at this point (hey, thats ok) :) So I give him the toys I brought along..nope...*sigh*..call us PLEASE.......5 min later..."Samuel"...ohoh....we all get up. Walk into the dr room. The nurse explains he is getting polio, pneumococcal conjate, hepatitis B, and DTandP. GEESH! She has them all ready....*shrinks down in her chair*....I leave.
I walk the hall with Kayla...who by the way is getting TONS of attention in this pink outfit my mom got her!..listening to the screams of the other children unlucky enough to be getting shots. (as long as it isnt my childs screams..LOL)..well here goes Sammy...I HEAR shot #1......I walk a little further away....shot #2...hey why can I still hear him??...walk further yet.....shot #3..*insert tears from mommy and a grunt from Kayla*....I look down...thats when I realize I am nervously bouncing her up and down..and she is like "mom!"....o.k...stop the bouncing....walk further away...shot #4...I am almost out the door and can still hear him wailing for me........I counted...that was ..4.
I run back....open the door....he is telling the nurse.."no stickers" (he doesnt want band-aids put on) screams for me...I hand Kayla to Jane, and grab him! He settles down. So we leave...getting ready to walk to Mcdonalds then home. Well, I put him down when we get outside..and he says he cant walk..his owies hurt. So I end up carrying him to Mcdonalds! *phew!* Got my post Mcdonalds workout! LOL....we order... McKayla once again draws attention...about 4 people stop to play with her. We meet Melanie who falls in love with her....melanie is a special adult. She gushes kind words, and her kid like sense of excitment was contagious. We leave. Sammy snuggled in Popo's arms this time. Get home, I give Sammy childrens tylenol chewables, and we are off for a nap. Carrying sammy from the computer (he wanted to play one game before nite-nite) to his bed. He goes down without a PEEP. 2 hours later, he seems to have forgotten his "owies", and is bit by bit returning to his old self. SIDE NOTE: He has yet to get on his bike....
hmmmm...that will be the sign of my ol' boy!
Well, I am once again being bothered to use the computer....Diego's turtle needs saving I guess! Don't worry diego..here come Sammy!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! Four shots is THE worst, isn't it? Sounds like quite an adventure!! ((big hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH SHOTS!! Adam knows all about that and he wasn't pleased either! I really wonder if it's harder on mom than baby ....

    ReplyDelete