Wednesday, March 29, 2006

We made it!!......kinda

Yay!!! We finally made it! Well...we actually made it friday afternoon....oh and what a trip it has been! I will spare you all and make it short.

First off...the plane ride.

The 1st leg of the trip (from Hawaii to LA) was alright. We left at 9:40 at night...so the kids slept for the most part. PLUS we were lucky enough to have economy plus seating! For those that dont know what it is..United offers plus seating with 5 inches more of leg room. Doesnt sound like much does it! WELL LET ME TELL YOU IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE!! Especially when you have kids!! Sammy was uncomfortable..but he slept most of the way..and McKayla was just her happy ol' self. Didn't make a PEEP! Well we landed in LA THANK GOD ..ONE flight down..one to go.

The 2nd and last part we flew from LA to Dulles. LONG flight! *sigh* and regular seating. Which means your knees up to your chest. Sammy didn't sleep much on this flight....and was very unhappy since he was soo tired (my poor bug) McKayla....same as the 1st leg. And daddy actually had to hold her a lot since Sammy was being a mommy's boy. We FINALLY land.

THEN THE FUN BEGAN>>>Ohhhhhhhhh boy!

Everything was going great! I got to meet my new niece and nephew (hi to Mason and Alexis) and my brother's fiance and future sister in law (hugs to Trovena). What a GREAT family! Josh seems to be VERY happy...and boy has he changed! He is sooooo family oriented now. I LOVE seeing him like that! (Tee....if you can bottle that and sell it (whatever you did to my brother) you would make millions) Her kids were so AWESOME!!! She raised them SOO well. I hope my kids are even HALF as respectful and good as hers are!

Now comes the fun part...........

I wake up Sat morning about 1 or 2. SICK as a dog. I was throwing up, and I felt SOOOOO bad! Well...thinking it was nothing and would pass, I just kept going back to bed after I threw up. Well about 6 am and 15 trips to the bathroom later.....I can no longer get up.

I seriously could not move. All I could do was shake.

I thought I was going to meet my maker! LOL

No really.....I was ready to call 911...but I didnt want to freak everyone out. So I crawled (just barely I was so bad) to wake Brad up. I told him how I felt. Well....he was still half asleep so he didnt take me any kind of seriously. My brother woke up...saw me...and DID.
He called my mom...who said to go to the ER. I was like "no" I called kaiser (well Josh called kaiser...I could barely move or talk at this point..NO EXAGERATION.) Urgent care said to come right in. So...we went.

The doctor saw me....took one look at me..and said...get an IV in her STAT...wide open drip..as open as it will go without popping a vein....this girl is going to need 5 or 6 bags at least....her eyes are sunk way back in her head. She won't be leaving here till at least 2 or 3 this afternoon. Well we had brought McKayla and I REALLY didnt want her in there. There were to many sick people around.

My biggest worry? She wasnt taking a bottle or formula! And I was in NO shape to be able to feed her.

Well to make a long story short....6 bags and a few narcotic shots later...(developed a BAD migraine on top of everything else)...I was feeling pretty slap happy! (wow those drugs are CRAZY!) I finally had to pee at about 4 that afternoon. (the sign they were waiting for) He said I had gotten so dehydrated because I couldnt keep up with the demands of nursing, and my body. I drank and drank on the plane...but it wasnt enough..and the fact that I had been up for almost 48 hours didnt help matters. Then when I started throwing up (possibly from a bug) There was nothing I could do. It was a vicious cycle. Brad came back with McKayla at about 3 that afternoon, and said she wouldnt eat...and hadnt eaten sice like 5 that morning. I was freaking out. So they called the dr....and I got the ok to feed her (he said she would be loopy and tired as well from the drugs, but that it was o.k). My poor baby was STARVING!

Needless to say.....

I was released around 4:30 with instructions to drink, drink, drink...and stay on the BRAT diet for 2 days. How TOTALLY embarrassing to go through all that (and put everyone else through it as well) JUST FOR DEHYDRATION. *hides her head and blushes*

Kristi...Kristi,....Kristi...

5 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie! That is just awful! What a way to start your vacation! I hope you are feeling better! DRINK DRINK DRINK girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Crap!! The joys of breastfeeding! Jesus! LOL I'm glad you are doing better and yes drink drink drink!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi: Just for dehydration??!! Girl, you were sick! Just keep up with the fluids and I hope the rest of your trip goes smooth.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, I am so sorry that happened! I am glad that you are feeling better. Keep drinking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm..you are easier to reach through your blog than when you are 5 minutes away from me. :-( You are the busiest bee...glad we had lunch cause I am thinking that is going to be the only chance we will get to spend together before you leave back to HI. -welp...gotta get Alaina to her soccer game!

    ReplyDelete